Don't Be Another Victim - Smartone at IFC

Closed Thread

Don't Be Another Victim - Smartone at IFC

I would just like to share my experience with Smartone, particulary the one at IFC.

I signed for Homephone+ plan when the salesperson didn't even know how it works and convinced me it would work fine at my place which does not get enough cell phone signal.
    It didn't work at all.
    It took me SEVEN weeks to get the refund of the prepayment I made, of course, after a few frustrating phone calls to the hotline.

The same sales person also sold me one of the blackberry data plans. He said the plan I was signing would give me unlimited usage of texting between BBs. I got a bill that was more than $900 because obviously what he told me was false information.

When I went to the shop to find the guy, he was gone. Some other guy who started helping me told me that my contract was not to be cancelled but I could sign a new one with him??? I was so frustrated and confused. I brought my Chinese friend hoping she could talk to them more efficiently. The sales guy chagned his words then. Said I could cancel the contract if I wanted to. I confronted him "So you lied to me!" and this is what he said:

"I didn't understand English."

I almost smacked his face... I just walked away.

I wrote a letter to Smartone customer service. I have heard nothing It's been 12 days. They keep charging me for whatever I am doing with my BB with no respond to my letter and whatsoever.

Bad customer service like this makes me want to leave the place. Time to get the hell ouf of HK........

I'd be happy to get any advice on settling this problem with Smartone.
    Thxs.

Tell them you intend to complain to OFTA and then copy them. I would also suggest you write to the SCMP.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by msritz:
    I would just like to share my experience with Smartone, particulary the one at IFC.

I signed for Homephone+ plan when the salesperson didn't even know how it works and convinced me it would work fine at my place which does not get enough cell phone signal.
    It didn't work at all.
    It took me SEVEN weeks to get the refund of the prepayment I made, of course, after a few frustrating phone calls to the hotline.

The same sales person also sold me one of the blackberry data plans. He said the plan I was signing would give me unlimited usage of texting between BBs. I got a bill that was more than $900 because obviously what he told me was false information.

When I went to the shop to find the guy, he was gone. Some other guy who started helping me told me that my contract was not to be cancelled but I could sign a new one with him??? I was so frustrated and confused. I brought my Chinese friend hoping she could talk to them more efficiently. The sales guy chagned his words then. Said I could cancel the contract if I wanted to. I confronted him "So you lied to me!" and this is what he said:

"I didn't understand English."

I almost smacked his face... I just walked away.

I wrote a letter to Smartone customer service. I have heard nothing It's been 12 days. They keep charging me for whatever I am doing with my BB with no respond to my letter and whatsoever.

Bad customer service like this makes me want to leave the place. Time to get the hell ouf of HK........

I'd be happy to get any advice on settling this problem with Smartone.
    Thxs.
    Thank you for telling us.