China Mobile

Closed Thread

China Mobile

Hi,

Finally got that iPhone I've been hankering after and want to sign up for China Mobile's $98 unlimited data plan.

I know it only runs EDGE speeds, not 3G but my understanding is it's not that huge a leap in speed.

What I need to know is if anyone has had any major issues with China Mobile/Peoples mobile? Is the coverage good? Is the customer service ok?

With it being half the price of everything else it just makes me wonder, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Hi,

Finally got that iPhone I've been hankering after and want to sign up for China Mobile's $98 unlimited data plan.

I know it only runs EDGE speeds, not 3G but my understanding is it's not that huge a leap in speed.

What I need to know is if anyone has had any major issues with China Mobile/Peoples mobile? Is the coverage good? Is the customer service ok?

With it being half the price of everything else it just makes me wonder, that's all.
    I used to use this service. Its actually HK$110 a month once you add in the tunnel fee.

Overall pretty good service, coverage was fine and cust service was not bad at all. So generally happy.

As for speed, I disagree. EDGE and 3G speed are very very different. If you use EDGE for email and very basic internet browsing, then its fine. But for anything else you will notice a very big difference. This is especially acute due to the fact that the iphone web browser can handle some data intensive websites.

Thanks for the advice pin.

I'm glad you responded because it was your excellent comparison chart that you posted on another thread that got to me this point! Thank you for all that work!

OK, I intend to use my home wi-fi network for downloading any apps etc.

The next best deal I found was from Vodafone which is about $80 more a month. Would you reccomend that instead of the China Mobile one?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Thanks for the advice pin.

I'm glad you responded because it was your excellent comparison chart that you posted on another thread that got to me this point! Thank you for all that work!

OK, I intend to use my home wi-fi network for downloading any apps etc.

The next best deal I found was from Vodafone which is about $80 more a month. Would you reccomend that instead of the China Mobile one?
    Well, that is what I did, moved from China Mobile to SMV, because I wanted the 3g connection. Yes, more expensive at HK$250 a month and an 18 month commitment, but the speeds are much better.

Up to you really. For me I needed 3G connection at all times, you may not require that though. If you don't and will rely on wifi, then probably just get the cheapest package out there.