iPhone users are delusional, consultants say

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Motorola W156 - cost about 300 bucks local. Basic, well made and solid.

Motorola Motorola W156/W160

Seeing all thinks written here seems Geeks have lost sight of what a phone is meant to do. Open the box, charge, work --- endex. What normal person has even the slightest interest in the rest.
    Thanks boris - will look out for it when I go shopping. Depending on how big it is, seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79
    How about these reasons: it freezes all the time, it is very frustrating to use, the default options are stupid, you have to hunt to change them and each time you install updates everything reverts to default, it's your only option as a ipod owner so you have no choice but to use the unstable piece of s**t.

iTunes is the main reason I have never bought a Mac. I have had more problems and frustration with iTunes and Quicktime than I can count.

Pure rubbish.

& oh be careful with exploding iPhones
    check out your i-phones guys
    I guess these are not just iClones but the real thing

The European Union isnt taking reports of potentially dangerous iPhone malfunctions lightly. EU Commissioner for Consumer Protection Meglena Kuneva issued a warning today that iPhones will be pulled from store shelves if it turns out recent screen explosions are hardware-based problems.
    http://www.nytimes.com/external/giga...rou-10725.html

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/28/o...ance-apple-re/

Last edited by mengfei; 28-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    I'm confused.... the iPhone transformed the mobile market, yet you declare it as a piece if shit. what phone do you consider godly and why?

people who hate iPhone usually say droid is better, yet droid users complain just as loudly over their problems...

so I always find it funny when people take such a strong stance against something.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    funny that i got a red blob mentioning..."same old ranting".... did i miss something? i asked a question for discussion...no ranting involved

@HK.com:
    your opinions are great, and a good read. I think you are missing some points for Apple, as many of the problem spots I would actually say are about on par with all other phones on market. You seem to concentrate and mention that its a fault of iphone, when in fact most faults you mentioned are a fault of the mobile industry or the telecom. very few (if any) of your problems are specific to iphone alone)

which brings me to......if i understand you correctly, you think 99.99% of phones on market are shit, because they are not open source and fully customizable with BTO options up the ying yang. thats a very niche market, that unfortunately not many business will try to do considering it will be costly and difficult to profit off of. I'd love to see the day, but until then I can certainly find the ability to compromise.

while your opinions are 100% valid, my point is that people like mengfei try to flame wars against iphone for no reason. they classify the iphone as some status symbol, when it is nothing more then a hot new phone. Just like the pre was hot for a short while, and the Droid is hot for a while, and the next _____ phone will be hot for a while.

the iphone continues to be hot because it is offering things that others do not yet...an app store. others are trying, but it just hasnt caught enough steam yet to take charge. time will tell if MS or Google can build a new store with more devoted developers and better offerings. so far...it hasnt happened.

Other then the app store, the iphone performs like 99% of the smartphones on market, with all similar shortcomings and problems. also it comes down to preference of physical or touch keypad. one is not better then other, it is just personal taste. therefore to single out the iphone over these industry wide problems seems a bit dubious. if the iphone was the only one that had display problems with a % of units, OK...but they all do. Pre, HTC, SE, etc...all had manufacturing problems at some point or another with a % of units, because its the nature of manufacturing. and when you are selling close to 100 million units WW, you are bound to get some of those units noticed.

anyways....my "rant" is now over. i love the iphone, but do get frustrated with some of the problems. but when i use my friends Droid and Pre, and look at others in marketplace, they all have similar problems with customers all similarly complaining. To me,.....the iphone offers more then others with the app store alone. but if someone can actually post some great reasons why i should consider another phone instead....i just dont see it yet.

for this...i will be red blobbed and considered a "fanboy" by anyone who just enjoys flaming against people who like apple products.

Agreed with you Benderbends

I have numerous phones and the Iphone is the best one I've had up to date and am delighted with it barring a few times where it just hung and it just needed a reset.

Much better than that piece of crap HTC Touch Dual I had before, Now that was clunky, Windows Mobile always froze and was totally unresponsive.

I also have a SE Satio as well and prefer the Iphone over that.

100% agree with you bender.

i've stayed off this thread, but have been reading it with interest.

i do have an iphone, but i'm not an apple fanboy. i also like the iphone for what it does. however i do understand its restrictions and know that some things don't work with it, which can be frustrating. but it does everything i need it to do, which other phones can't do at the moment.

flame on.

lol Now I really believe what those consultants say about (some) delusional iPhone users - it limits their ability of rational thinking

But still guys you have been warned about those exploding iPhone, be sure it's not next to John lol

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei
    But still guys you have been warned about those exploding iPhone, be sure it's not next to John lol
    I thought some of the cartoons and the video were funny but the exploding battery issue is scaremongering; the cases are in the single digits and it's not proven if this was due to a flaw in the product or perhaps user error/neglect/abuse.

It's nice to see Apple is getting big enough to dislike this intensely.

Mengfei

What phone do you have then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast