Like Tree4Likes

Hong kong broadband 99$/month

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rid:
    how do you do to subscribe to this offer?

I'm trying through the web page but it switches to chinese and there is no way to understand anything...

btw, do you know how many months is the minimum commitment?
    The website has English version (top right conner to switch to)
    As far as I know, the min commitment is 2 yrs. That is a bit long for me, but because it is cheap, that seems ok.

As I said, do not sign up for TV, that is very crappy.

I think I'm going to sign for the Internet offer, even if I'm going to stay only a year in Hong Kong.
    Hopefully I will find somebody to take over my contract before leaving...
    thanks

The bandwith to the US is pretty bad at times and the Tech Support is lousy. I was getting better speeds on a 6m PCCW line than a 100M HKBN Fibre connection.

I was "Guaranteed" 20MB overseas bandwith which is why I signed up but a week after the contract was signed ...and I discovered that I was getting less than 4MB at most times.

Last edited by JaredHK; 02-01-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    humpty and rocketify like this.

What speeds to the US were you getting before on your 6M PCCW line?

Hi Friends,
    I have just signed up with HKBN 100M connection, as per them my mobile no is registered to get free IDD30 service for 6 months... which mean I should get 30 min IDD call to any country per month for free... Does anybody have any idea how to use this service? to use this free min which no shall I put before the destination no?... Can anybody help me please....

Quote Originally Posted by arunasis2007:
    Hi Friends,
    I have just signed up with HKBN 100M connection, as per them my mobile no is registered to get free IDD30 service for 6 months... which mean I should get 30 min IDD call to any country per month for free... Does anybody have any idea how to use this service? to use this free min which no shall I put before the destination no?... Can anybody help me please....
    Have you tried checking with them on how to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:

I was "Guaranteed" 20MB overseas bandwith which is why I signed up but a week after the contract was signed ...and I discovered that I was getting less than 4MB at most times.
    MegaByte or Mbit? How do you know you are getting 4MB?

How do you expect anyone to guarantee 20Mbit to the overseas at HK$99?

If you go for an offer that is too good to be true....

Quote Originally Posted by arunasis2007:
    my mobile no is registered to get free IDD30 service for 6 months... which mean I should get 30 min IDD call to any country per month for free... Does anybody have any idea how to use this service? to use this free min which no shall I put before the destination no?... Can anybody help me please....
    It certainly won't be 30 mins to any country - probably to the usual list of something like US, Canada, UK (fixed only), Australia (fixed only), China, Singapore, NZ (fixed), Japan (fixed), Taiwan (fixed, and maybe some other European countries.

The code you dial is 0030<country code><number>
    http://www.hkbn.net/0030_web/user_guide/index.html
    Last edited by PDLM; 02-05-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    arunasis2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by klbytec:
    What speeds to the US were you getting before on your 6M PCCW line?
    Close to 6-7M on a 8M line. Sorry my PCCW line was 8M and not 6.

With HKBN at times CNN, Facebook, Yahoo many US sites do not load. They guarantee 20M speeds but I at times I have dialup speeds to the US. The bandwith seems get worse late evenings and during weekends/holidays.

Its not very stable and I regret moving from PCCW. Also the CS cannot figure out why only "Foreigners" complain about slow speeds. My contract is up soon and i'm switching back to Netvigator.

@Fenix
    I pay $259 a month for this and am not on the cheap $99 deal.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 02-05-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    rocketify likes this.