iPhone v. N97 v. Google

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beachball
    I do think that Android is by far the most dynamic mobile platform at the moment
    And that is part of the problem, call it a dynamic platform or a work in progress or whatever you like! There have been no definitive nail downs in the OS as a fully functional release. I want to like Android, I really do but there are holes that require work. I've played with quite a few of these BUT the impression you get is that it isn't finished.....YET. I like what I have seen the Chinese do with these in China and can see that it's heading there. I just don't think it's there quite yet. Give it 6 or 12 months and we may see something outstanding. That's not knocking Android, it is what it is and what it is ain't quite there yet.

android seems to be more of a "geek" platform, more to play around with and customise. this however means it s a bit "rough round the edges"

as much as i don't want to sound like an iphone fanboy, the iphone platform is that much more "polished" and as a result is better for mainstream consumption. also should add its got one heck of a marketing machine behind it.

Not sure if current lithium-ion batteries actually do last longer the less they are used. My Sony Vaio batteries both failed at the same time (well, within weeks of each other) but I bought them months apart and only really used one, the original one that came with the notebook. The spare was a Sony original that I bought just in case.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay
    And that is part of the problem, call it a dynamic platform or a work in progress or whatever you like! There have been no definitive nail downs in the OS as a fully functional release. I want to like Android, I really do but there are holes that require work. I've played with quite a few of these BUT the impression you get is that it isn't finished.....YET. I like what I have seen the Chinese do with these in China and can see that it's heading there. I just don't think it's there quite yet. Give it 6 or 12 months and we may see something outstanding. That's not knocking Android, it is what it is and what it is ain't quite there yet.
    I see your point, but respectfully disagree - IMHO the current version(s) of Android are pretty much on par with functionality wise and as polished as the iPhone platform (which is far from "finished" in my view).
    My "dynamic" comment was more in relating to application development, handset releases, market share/net and gross user adds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beachball
    I see your point, but respectfully disagree - IMHO the current version(s) of Android are pretty much on par with functionality wise and as polished as the iPhone platform (which is far from "finished" in my view).
    My "dynamic" comment was more in relating to application development, handset releases, market share/net and gross user adds, etc.
    One of the main features of the Iphone is the Itunes integration. This is something seriously lacking from the Android phones. While not specifically Itunes integration the Android phones are lacking a decent media player that syncs well enough with a computer to transfer music and video.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    One of the main features of the Iphone is the Itunes integration. This is something seriously lacking from the Android phones. While not specifically Itunes integration the Android phones are lacking a decent media player that syncs well enough with a computer to transfer music and video.
    why sync when you can just drag and drop files, would transfering files be a lot easier when you use drag and drop just like usb flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    why sync when you can just drag and drop files, would transfering files be a lot easier when you use drag and drop just like usb flash drive.
    for small files sure....but when dealing with libraries that are managed over long periods...do you want to sift through to see what files are missing and where?

Doesn't that just require a "No to All" response to the "would you like to replace this file with the same file" query?

Not everone wants to sync. My mp3 player is only 30GB but holds way more than I need. Finding songs I want to listen to can be tiresome. And how often does my music collection? Once in a blue moon. My tastes are fairly stable now. Even if I did buy new music every week I would still prefer to update my mobile/player myself - I know of a few friends who lost music because of iTunes synchronisation.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    Not everone wants to sync. My mp3 player is only 30GB but holds way more than I need. Finding songs I want to listen to can be tiresome. And how often does my music collection? Once in a blue moon. My tastes are fairly stable now. Even if I did buy new music every week I would still prefer to update my mobile/player myself - I know of a few friends who lost music because of iTunes synchronisation.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    you do know itunes allows you to sync selected playlists only, or selected artists only.....it even lets you sync manually where you drag and drop songs if you choose to.

but i guess the point is...iPhone gives everyone the options...where as google currently has 1 option that a smaller % of market would want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast