Like Tree2Likes

Google Nexus One

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Vodafone rebate?

Anyone used the Vodafone rebate? Any ideas how long it will last? I had been holding off, hoping for something like that to show up ...

Price plans - Hot offers

Quote Originally Posted by gatormama
    Anyone used the Vodafone rebate? Any ideas how long it will last? I had been holding off, hoping for something like that to show up ...

Price plans - Hot offers
    Total rip off.

The plan is HK$398 plus a compulsory $36 a month add on plus the $12 admin fee making it a total of $446 a month.

You need to keep the plan for 24 months making it $10,704 for the term of your contract. Yes, you will get a $4,280 rebate, BUT

They also have a $238 (plus $12 admin fee making it $250) a month plan with unlimited data. You don't get the on-demand tv channels with this package, but really, they are a waste of money.

So $250 a month over 24 months amounts to $6,000.

Now the difference between those two tariffs is a whopping $4,704, which is MORE than the price of the rebate.

So you are better off buying the Nexus and then just getting the $250 a month tariff. Also you will not be tied into a 2 year contract with the $250 tariff.

Whoa, that is a huge difference. I had not thought to do the math that way and didn't know about the other plan. Thanks so much for this information -- now I know what I will do (and it gives me some time to reconsider).

I should know better than to think that any mobile company is looking out for my best interests

Quote Originally Posted by gatormama
    Whoa, that is a huge difference. I had not thought to do the math that way and didn't know about the other plan. Thanks so much for this information -- now I know what I will do (and it gives me some time to reconsider).

I should know better than to think that any mobile company is looking out for my best interests
    Here's the tariff details:

Price plans - Hot offers

3 also have an unlimited data plan, starting at HK$210 a month:

three.com.hk 3G ??

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10