Like Tree2Likes

Google Nexus One

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Nexus one isn't compatible with the 3G frequency that AT&T uses in the U.S. (the 850 MHz 3G band).

Easy - go on Google and search! One result brings up Poor 3G connection and speeds - Google Mobile Help

Many other threads on same issue there

Thanks, jaykay, I've been reading for a while. Right now, I see the following issues:

1. Issues with 3G coberture. Same place, same SIM, different mobiles, and coberture degrades. So clearly its a Nexus issue. As long as I'll be in HK I plan not to use 3G most of the time, Wifi if so. But that's not an excuse, it has to work. I'm waiting to see what google has to say regarding this.

2. Issues with touch screen going mad, or totally inacurate. A bunch of people complaint about that. Apparently it can be fixed via software patch, just as they did on another HTC phones with similar issues. So, okay...sort of.

3. Battery draining too fast? The comments aren't quite detailed on this, so I couldn't be completely sure wether it is an actual problem, or just the guy left all the apps running in the backgroun (which will drain the battery of any current droid mobile).

4. No FM Radio. Well I can live without that, in fact I don't listen to radio. However the engadget guys dismounted a Nexus just to find the chip that controls Wifi and Bluetooth is of a model that also supports FM radio. So we might expect FM radio enabled after a patch.

Last edited by timonoj; 09-01-2010 at 04:20 PM.

the phone will cost at least 6880

source from hk yahoo
    ?????Google???iPhone ???6880? - Yahoo! ??

is it worth it?

That new mentions that a shop is selling the phone for that price. I'm okay with whatever the shops do, as far as the online ordering just works as well...You don't have to pay for that price if you don't want to. You can always go online.

hello all,

i think i'd like to tell you all my nexus one *ordering* experience.

1. i ordered mine on 6 Jan morning (HKT)
    2. google store received my order and had my credit card charged almost instantly when i placed my order on 6 Jan (total USD557, didn't pay extra for the international version A/C adapter as i have other HTC phones already)
    3. didn't heard from then until 9 Jan 2am (HKT), my phone was finally sent to DHL and ready to ship

most people on the google help forum are complaining about item #3, some ppl ordered their phones earlier than others, but they received no shipping details. it looks like google sent out their deliveries randomly.

and, on the google web it promises shippment within 1-3 days, but obviously they have failed their promises. i am expecting my phone to arrive HK on tuesday, and if you order your nexus one next week, all these shipment problems should be swift and smooth... a learning curve for google afterall.

i have been using android phones for the past year and i really like android (used wm before, it was a pain!), so i decided to invest in this nexus one. afterall, it is a bit cheaper than the newly released moto milestone, and the specs is better.

Quote Originally Posted by konspiracy
    hello all,

i think i'd like to tell you all my nexus one *ordering* experience.

1. i ordered mine on 6 Jan morning (HKT)
    2. google store received my order and had my credit card charged almost instantly when i placed my order on 6 Jan (total USD557, didn't pay extra for the international version A/C adapter as i have other HTC phones already)
    3. didn't heard from then until 9 Jan 2am (HKT), my phone was finally sent to DHL and ready to ship

most people on the google help forum are complaining about item #3, some ppl ordered their phones earlier than others, but they received no shipping details. it looks like google sent out their deliveries randomly.

and, on the google web it promises shippment within 1-3 days, but obviously they have failed their promises. i am expecting my phone to arrive HK on tuesday, and if you order your nexus one next week, all these shipment problems should be swift and smooth... a learning curve for google afterall.

i have been using android phones for the past year and i really like android (used wm before, it was a pain!), so i decided to invest in this nexus one. afterall, it is a bit cheaper than the newly released moto milestone, and the specs is better.
    Hi! One of the most informative posts so far As for the shipment within 1-3 days, I honestly think it only applies for the US. I heard that Google has been shipping in bulks (lots of phones at once) to save costs when shipping to Asia, hence delays. I been emailing and communicating with HTC employees and they said it would take around 5-7 days to deliver the device.

I'm quite the android and Google fanboy , I urge you guys to give the Nexus One sometime, after all the iPhone had 3 years, in which 1 is lived without 3G or even copy paste. My advice is: Give Google sometime, hold off buying the Nexus for a while.

The Nexus One is about the same price as the Motorola Milestone HKD4500, including shipping. Although any accessories will have to wait, that includes screen protectors
    Last edited by Cheese-kun; 09-01-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Yes hold off for Sure.
    Google Faces Deluge of Nexus One Complaints - PC World

Nexus 2 sounds good to me.

Here and article how Google is shafting the phone makers.
    Google to mobile industry: F*ck you very much! The Register

In it explains what a Super Phone is, it is a phone made by Google, the other Android phones are just smart phones.

"I expect to see more interest in the operators own hobbyhorse, the Limo Foundation, which is a Linux stack backed by the big networks plus Samsung although anybody can sign up to make a Limo phone. It was fear of Google that propelled Vodafone to use Limo for the 360 phone so heavily promoted over Xmas. And while Limo does not provide iPhone or Pre-quality slickness, networks may see it as a low risk investment. No danger of Nokia or Google pulling a fast one."

360 phone? what is that? anyone seen used one?

Last edited by hk.com; 10-01-2010 at 02:11 AM.

Maybe Googles answer to customer service questions is to " Google it ".

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Maybe Googles answer to customer service questions is to " Google it ".
    google has always been extremely sub par with customer support on their services (paid or free). so with the amount of problems and complaints im seeing...i would hate to be an owner of the Nexus 1.

also.. if everyone holds off from buying, they will lose sales, perform badly in market, and possibly not reenter with a new model. the first iphone had some limitations, but it still worked great and sold amazingly well.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast