4:02 am Processed at DHL Location. Cincinnati Hub, OH
    2:37 am Transit through DHL facility Cincinnati Hub, OH
    1/7/2010 11:19 pm Depart Facility Northeast Indianapolis, IN
    11:15 pm Processed at DHL Location. Northeast Indianapolis, IN
    10:22 pm Shipment picked up Northeast Indianapolis, IN
    9:17 pm Departing origin. Northeast Indianapolis, IN

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska
    Mine will deliver today :-)

good luck with your new unit. have you had the iphone 3G or 3GS before? im curious to have people who like and use the iphone 3G or 3GS and compare it to the Nexus.

ive heard lots of positive remarks from the people who hate apple, and ive heard a lot of remarks from people who love apple (and wont buy the nexus). i love the iphone, but will always consider other products if they present a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    good luck with your new unit. have you had the iphone 3G or 3GS before? im curious to have people who like and use the iphone 3G or 3GS and compare it to the Nexus.

ive heard lots of positive remarks from the people who hate apple, and ive heard a lot of remarks from people who love apple (and wont buy the nexus). i love the iphone, but will always consider other products if they present a better experience.
    I agree with you.

I've got the iphone and its great for what I want it to do, however not too much of an apple fan and would like something else, however, so far nothing seems to tick all the boxes that I want from my "smartphone" or whatever its called.

The Nexus One is literally still in its debut week, really asking opinions regarding the phone will usually result in bias. Most people haven't even gotten to play with the phone for a week yet.

I would also like to point out for those of you who are switching from any other non-android phones (well, if you're an android-user this might apply too) that the switch might take a while. I want you people to understand that the Nexus One is not your previous phone, and in no way should it be expected to work like your previous phone. Its just like when you switch from PC to Mac or the other way around, there are always going to be some nitpicks at first, but after a while, you'll learn to appreciate (hopefully) what each unique system offers.

Whether it works better or for the worst is irrelevant as long as you are a new user. I believe many people form biased views towards the interface before even using it for 2 weeks. If you tell me after around 2 weeks of use, you like X phone's interface/layout (whatever really) better, I'll take your word for it and respect your opinion. As of now, just try to keep it to yourselves in order to reduce clutter in the forums as well as mislead potential customers who might really like the phone.

This applies to all the physical keyboard fanatics, seasoned iPhone users, etc... Hope you all understand.

Yeh, but yet the problems with the 3G coberture (not good) or the quirky touchscreen remains...
    Those are the troubles that are of my concern.

@caipiroska: How's the Nexus so far? Any 3G issues that are being faced by users in the States?

Hi all,

had some family thing going on last night, so I did not unbox it yet. I was almost about to take sick leave today ;-)

Will give it a play tonight.

For the record: I have an ipod touch for 2 years now, upgraded to newest model 3 month ago (which is everything the iphone has -telephone, gps and camera) and I virtually love it. I do my calendering, Email, skype, games, music, podcasts with it and it works fine. Also I am a big appstore fan.
    Though, I can hardly be called an apple fanboy.

One last question: do I have the possibility to automatically download and sync podcasts? I have no need to sync my whole music library, but podcasts are extremely important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    -No multitouch: I reckon its just a software issue, and can be activated by hacking?
    -No 3G?? Seriously? Which connection does it get, apart from edge (which is painfully slow)? HSDPA?
    Couple of quick corrections/clarifications:
    - Nexus One has a capacitative touchscreen and is multi-touch capable - unfortunately, none of the native applications support multi-touch.
    - Of course it has 3G (and HSDPA which is 3G BTW (or 3.5G depending on who you talk to...)). As mentioned above it just does not have the 3G band used by AT&T in the US (850MHz). Not an issue in HKG - but it will be interesting to hear whether people are experiencing the same signal strength issues as in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska
    Hi all,

had some family thing going on last night, so I did not unbox it yet. I was almost about to take sick leave today ;-)

Will give it a play tonight.

For the record: I have an ipod touch for 2 years now, upgraded to newest model 3 month ago (which is everything the iphone has -telephone, gps and camera) and I virtually love it. I do my calendering, Email, skype, games, music, podcasts with it and it works fine. Also I am a big appstore fan.
    Though, I can hardly be called an apple fanboy.

One last question: do I have the possibility to automatically download and sync podcasts? I have no need to sync my whole music library, but podcasts are extremely important to me.
    this link talks about steps to manage media on Nexus..should be helpfull.

it seems like you need to install a few apps on computer and the nexus in order to more easily transfer music/podcasts/movies to/from the nexus, each using different apps.

Bottom line: if you are switching from iPhone to Nexus One or another Android device, you still be able to to do all the things as far as media - but you will have to put some extra into the whole management process.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 12-01-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Any comments yet about the people that was receiving the mobile today?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast