Like Tree2Likes

Google Nexus One

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Its HK.COM blog central .. isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I'm toying with the idea of moving over to Android from my iphone.

I've obviously read the reviews, etc comparing the iphone to various android phones.

However how would one compare the Nexus to the Milestone?
    The Nexus one is slimmer and incrementally faster but tbf the Milestone is about as slim/fast as the 3GS/Blackberry Bold. Nexus One has a newer version of the Android OS (for another month or so). Milestone has a physical keyboard which is an obvious magnitude better to use than no keyboard at all. Nexus one has an AMOLED screen which is brighter/clearer but way shitty in the sun. Milestone's screen has a tiny bit more resolution. Nexus one has a trackball whereas the Milestone has a d-pad.

Other than that, they're pretty much identical afaik (5MP camera, digital compass, wifi/3G etc.)
    pin likes this.

I'm toying with the idea of moving over to Android from my iphone.

I've obviously read the reviews, etc comparing the iphone to various android phones.

However how would one compare the Nexus to the Milestone?
    At this point, I say get the Nexus One, UNLESS you ABSOLUTELY need a physical keyboard to use a phone.

The Nexus One is faster than the Milestone, 1GHZ vs 550MHZ, 512MB vs 256 RAM, amoled screen too, Android 2.1 vs android 2. But I think most of all, the Nexus One is CHEAPER than the Milestone.

Besides that, the Nexus One will probably get updates faster than the Milestone, since it is directly under Google.Also the community fanbase for the Nexus is much larger than the Milestone, Milestone not Droid.

But know this, whichever phone you do get, you won't be disappointed.
    pin likes this.

Thanks guys

I think I'll be getting the nexus. Also it seems new firmware update will allow pinch and zoom (aka multitouch).

Video: Android’s New Pinch-To-Zoom Multi-Touch In Action

Dammit...When is this release being released? :P

The Nexus One logo looks like some Microsoft Product logo.

The update is rolling out now, but it's quite easy to download it and install manually for someone without patience

The Android team are doing a series of lab days around the world this month(ish) and I'm expecting to be at the event in HK in 4 weeks or so... *ahem*

Thanks guys

I think I'll be getting the nexus. Also it seems new firmware update will allow pinch and zoom (aka multitouch).

Video: Android’s New Pinch-To-Zoom Multi-Touch In Action
    Pin, as I mentioned earlier, I am using the Nexus One. It is really a good experience and now I used it for a while, I conditioned the battery to work better. At the beginning, the battery was drained after 2.5 days, with actually doing nothing, only standby (in my desk drawer). Now I can use it normally, email, a bit browsing the web, calls etc. and charge it every 2-3 days.

Yes, I was surprised about the battery lenght...I was expecting to charge it everyday, but nay, it lasts way longer.
    Besides...The multitouch is great! But I seem to find an small problem, though. When you zoom in using multitouch, the text lines doesn't seem to fit the new screen size, which in normal zoom usually did.

well i now i have a nexus. have only had some time to play with it, will customise it more over the weekend.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast