Like Tree2Likes

Google Nexus One

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Does Fortress have the Nexus One yet? I didnt have time to read the whole thread (sorry if this has been covered).

I want to buy one on Sunday before I head off to Thailand for a week. I know I can order it directly from google.com and have it shipped to HK for a very reasonable price, though obviously this won't work for a super fast purchase.

Have you guys (that have the nexus one) been ordering it online, or is there actually a place in town that sells them for a "fair" price. (from what Ive read online, the price they're selling them at in the Wan Chai Computer Center is FAR from fair...)

Thanks
    (apologize for typos, on a crummy laptop)

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27:
    Does Fortress have the Nexus One yet? I didnt have time to read the whole thread (sorry if this has been covered).

I want to buy one on Sunday before I head off to Thailand for a week. I know I can order it directly from google.com and have it shipped to HK for a very reasonable price, though obviously this won't work for a super fast purchase.

Have you guys (that have the nexus one) been ordering it online, or is there actually a place in town that sells them for a "fair" price. (from what Ive read online, the price they're selling them at in the Wan Chai Computer Center is FAR from fair...)

Thanks
    (apologize for typos, on a crummy laptop)
    Buying from one of the computer stores, they will probably charge a premium. I actually picked mine up second hand.

There are people selling them on Yahoo auctions for a premium as well (around HK$4.8k).

You could try PCCW, they sell them, but not sure if they will sell them without a contract.

Last I read online (the article was dated Feb 2nd), the place in the Wan Chai computer center was charging a cash price of 5800 HKD for it!!! Far from fair (thats about 756 USD)

You can order it online from google for 529 USD, and have it shipped to you in HK for just a few dollars more. But again, you have to be home when you expect it to arrive. Doesnt work that well if you want to buy one Saturday and head to Thailand on Sunday!

Will check PCCW (the Fortress website does not have it listed)

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27:
    Last I read online (the article was dated Feb 2nd), the place in the Wan Chai computer center was charging a cash price of 5800 HKD for it!!! Far from fair (thats about 756 USD)

You can order it online from google for 529 USD, and have it shipped to you in HK for just a few dollars more. But again, you have to be home when you expect it to arrive. Doesnt work that well if you want to buy one Saturday and head to Thailand on Sunday!

Will check PCCW (the Fortress website does not have it listed)
    Total price to ship it direct from USA is about HK$4.3k, however people are selling it more, cause they can get away with it!!

expanys.com.hk is also selling it (at a premium), but don't know what their shipping schedule is like.

if you need it by Monday, I think you may have to pay a premium for it.

BTW if you go to the other site, in the classifieds section there is someone selling an android phone for HK$4,000 (says original price is US$529, so leads me to suspect this is the nexus)
    Last edited by pin; 05-02-2010 at 12:23 PM.

skypine27 I might have a solution for you. I sent u a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    But on the other hand Linus Torvalds seems to like it:

Linus Torvalds: Google’s Nexus One First Mobile Phone I Don’t Hate

Bought one, new in box, from a fellow GeoExpat member.

Have been using is as my "#2 phone" for about a week now (In Thailand).

Long and short of it:

Its just "OK" in my opinion.

+ Very easy/fast to SMS (which is important to me) though not quite as fast (for me anyway) as my iphone 3gs (my #1 phone)
    + Good web browser. Saves passwords (if you chose to), fast scrolling, same zoom in and zoom out as iphone
    + Pretty screen (in low light)
    + Easier dialing of numbers you do not have saved in your contacts list (ie better phone pad interface than iphone)

- Screen very hard to read in sunlight
    - Still some bugs in the touch screen, sometimes where you touch is not accurate
    - just OK camera. Better than iphone, but still worse than Nokia N95/96/97 series
    - Can not seem to stop data romaing. Various apps constantly access data, which burns through my prepaid Thai sim account very fast

Will post a much more detailed review on Howard Forums

hi everyone, i saw this ad on geo selling Nexus One for USD 300. has anyone bought it from there? i'm being a bit suspicious about buying from this site...

F/S: Unlocked HTC Google Nexus one $300 USD - Hong Kong Classifieds

You mean for a phone available through only a single source?For $300? Just how people end up being ripped off on Alibaba! Look a bit closer and that member is banned. Any idea why....?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast