E72 Nokia or Blackberry Bold 9700

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Consider yourself green blobbed. Spread the love.

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought all phones, including BB are unlocked in HK. Well, phones from the stores right?

Some of them are just buffed with a lint free cloth.

Red Blobber (anonymous) 'Not helpful'.

Reply dearest: 'Ah - go blart t' mammy - stop.'

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Excuse my ignorance, but I thought all phones, including BB are unlocked in HK. Well, phones from the stores right?
    I've seen China Mobile sell phones with label (Verizon or AT&T) on it so it's a imported model as some people think stuff from overseas are superior to those made for local distribution.

Also China Mobile has stores here I think mainly is for the convenience of doing China visitors business, be it personal or business, notice One2Free, CSL, SmartTone, etc... all have a crowd of people inside as China mobile staff is inside swatting flies? maybe it's just the causeway bay store.

I would definitely choose E72. It has everything that BB has, and many other things including support for 10Mbps/2Mbps (down/up) data speed.

I have a lot of friends in the UK who have changed from iPhone to 9700 Bold... And I have had a play with it. In comparison to the E72 (Which I love... but I already have an E71 and not planning to change for basically a fine tuned version for my existing phone)

9700 has a worse camera (E72 has one of the best 5MP cameras around), better screen, I don't like the optical trackpad and I prefer the E72 keyboard.. And BBMs UI still has those disgusting text sub menus...

But my friends use 9700s because they just spam BBM... So I guess that's their main selling point...

E72 also has more RAM and a fast processor than 9700, which means it will load up webpages a lot faster. It also has native flash...

And isn't BIS dam expensive? I swear it's like 390HKD with 3 and Smartone for unlimited data..

Last edited by twitceh; 14-01-2010 at 08:54 PM.

I used both and currently on BB but definitely not a satisfied user. BB network crashed TWICE during Xmas holiday and with harsh winter like this RIM network can get very very troublesome especially when you are roaming.

E71 has it's weakness but all are tolerable. Usually whatever problem can be solved by rebooting the handset.

I will give e71 my vote. BB is .... disappointing and frustrating.. Will definitely throw the current one at the bottom of the drawer as soon as I get a new e71 or e72. (previous e71 was stolen. :-(

Last edited by Raccon; 11-02-2010 at 12:14 PM.