Like Tree2Likes

Has anyone managed tethering data on their iPhone with Smartone?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone managed tethering data on their iPhone with Smartone?

I'm interested in this because it will save me from getting a phyical data line and of course a USB 3G modem
    Posted via Mobile Device

It does work - I've done it.

For free?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by dcyuen:
    For free?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Depends on the plan. Their new HK$310 unlimited data plan allows for data tethering (via USB).

Also, I think if you use PDA Net app, you can do wifi tethering.

Sweet, I joined 6 months ago, do you think that comes with my plan for FREE too!

Quote Originally Posted by dcyuen:
    Sweet, I joined 6 months ago, do you think that comes with my plan for FREE too!
    check the terms of your contract.

I use the $238/mth plan from SMV and previously was never charged for iPhone tethering even though I'm supposed to be charged. Just received a SMS reminding me that tethering is not included. I suspect they are going to be charging from here forward.

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    I use the $238/mth plan from SMV and previously was never charged for iPhone tethering even though I'm supposed to be charged. Just received a SMS reminding me that tethering is not included. I suspect they are going to be charging from here forward.
    Interesting development.

Like you I'm on the $250 monthly plan (lets call it what it really is, its not $238 as advertised, but in reality $250) and have used tethering (by creating a wifi hotspot on my N1) and have not been charged, as yet.

However I haven't received the text (yet).

When you look at your detailed bill, do you see items in the data section called "Web connection" ? I do when I have used iPhone tethering. So they are able to distinguish this data.

If you don't see it, maybe they can't tell the difference with a Nexus one.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    When you look at your detailed bill, do you see items in the data section called "Web connection" ? I do when I have used iPhone tethering. So they are able to distinguish this data.

If you don't see it, maybe they can't tell the difference with a Nexus one.
    Nope, don't have that, I just have "intet_browsing", "other data usage" (which shows as "Data Usage") and "Window Push Email" (which shows as "GPRSM").

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast