Ipod-60gb - How Much?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I was just at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas and the Creative labs player was a big hit. It got some pretty good reviews from the users, though I think you will need to play with the interfaces yourself and see which you like better. You'll also want to make sure the formats you use are supported in whatever you buy.

I think you should remember that the real pathfinder in mp3 players was NOT apple but Creative, introducing the Rio several YEARS before the iPod. I had a six gig Creative mp3 player in 2000 when iPods were still on the drawing board. Apple just made it cool to have an iPod, and definitely kicked on the interface.

I'm a big Apple fan, but credit where credit is due...

the only problem with iPod (which I have one) is it won't do continuous play for non-stop music or concert live recording.

there must be a break of approx 1sec between songs...

I am checking on the latest Sony MP3 Walkman (it is an egg sharp), max 20GB....
    it seems very interesting

I seem to be hearing one or two negative things about the Ipod, which makes me think about looking at other machines. But I like the idea of 60gb dont want to get in the situation of it being full and having to pick and choose what I have on there. Going for the 60gb is that being greedy and is 20gb or 30gb plenty enough?

im gonna buy me a creative 30 gig after i get paid. the file formats sold me...and also cuz i dont wanna be part of the ipod clique Anyone got any suggestions on where to buy one? Saw one on e-bay just now for about US$355 shipped....can i get one here for cheaper?

I went to broadway and got it for HK$2580 but i'm sure there are probably cheaper places to get it (you could try Monk Kok Computer Center, Sham Sui Po, Wan Chai Computer Center etc)..... But all that travel around looking for the cheapest option will probably ammount to the ammount you save instead of buying it from Braodway or Fortress. I think they are giving away a free set of speakers at both places.

I got the Black Creative for my gf. It really does help when you dont have to wait and convert files. VCD files drag onto the machine without conversion. I had a play of the creative in the shop before I bought it though. I went in to buy the Ipod video because I had no idea....and came out with the creative a wiser man.

Cheers for the heads up, I already know what I want. Just bought a really expensive cell phone, though, so I'm gonna have to wait on that Creative. I'll be walking around with a top of the line PDA phone, PSP and a 30 gig Creative next month...lol

History has shown that the most technologically advanced products aren't necessarily the best-selling, and that's why companies rely and Sales and Marketing, Product Development, you name it, and are not run purely by the guys in the lab coats. Credit to Apple for getting Mr. Ives to create a product with mass market appeal, in spite of its deficiencies.

There was an interesting article I read a while back where Creative CEO (again) declared open war on Apple, just like Samsung has just recently done. Toshiba has a nice player, and so do Sony and a countless number of Asian manufacturers. These guys should just get in line.

buy it online, you can get it engraved at the back for the same price, you just need to wait a few more days...just go to the online site

I got the IPod nano a few days ago. Don't get it. The back scratches too easily, and the battery life is too short. After only one week it looks like I've had it for a few months (scartching on the back) and the battery dies after 5 or 6 hours.

Well the scratching has to be user error- do you have a case? Do you treat it differently than anything else you own which may scratch?
    Blaming Apple that your iPod scratches is like blaming Toyota that your car crumples when you crash it.