Slingbox - TV from 'back home' to anywhere via the internet

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

On the HKBN internet speed ... I don't know the official specs, but I think it is equivalent to Netvigator (having tried that one earlier). I am pretty low tech user (just browsing, e-maiil, occasional download, etc.) If you are a v.v. hitech user, you may like to check out HKBN's 100MB internet offer (HKD300+).

So my config is to use HKBN for internet and NOWBroadbandTV for TV (package of HKD130 or so for a decent bunch of channels).

Has anyone ever used orb? I have and it works really well for me. basically if you have a PC w/ a tv tuner card you just plug the cable into your tv and install the orb program. It allows you to watch live tv from your pc as well as access your photos, videos and music.

When/If I get to Hong Kong, I am going to just leave it at my parents or a friends home so I can watch tv or record tv shows and watch it when I like.

Best of all. It is free.

http://www.orb.com/

This sounds like an exciting concept. I just did a quick calculation, installing Broadband at my parents and sending their TV would work out cheaper and 100 times better than NOW! Now if I could just teach them how to turn the power on!