O2 Atom Chinese character recognition?

Closed Thread

Smile O2 Atom Chinese character recognition?

Does anyone know if there are programs available on the O2 Atom that allow the writting of chinese characters and then definition/pronounciation is given by program?

Writing, yes... try CeStar 2.8...

but definition - not so sure, would like to know this as well.

i'm also using CE Star.. it's pretty gd.. dun think i see anything that can teach the pronounciation for chinese.. hmmm

Buying an 02 Atom

I'm moving to HK in a week and wanted to upgrade my phone/PDA to a O2 Atom. Can you tell me if it would be cheaper to buy here in Australia or would I be better off buying it in HK? If it is the later, can you recommend anywhere in particular that sells them?

It'd be cheaper in HK. Seeing that you are moving to HK anyway, you'd probably want to buy it in HK to have the added benefit of a local warranty.

I find that gadgets when released here in HK are on a par in price terms with or perhaps a little lower than other developed countries but after say 6 months fall dramatically. The local warranty is priceless unless you intend to return to Oz on a regular basis.

Hey O2 Atom users, I urgently need advice regarding that piece of machinery.Seriously thinking of buying one!

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by pdriches:
    I'm moving to HK in a week and wanted to upgrade my phone/PDA to a O2 Atom. Can you tell me if it would be cheaper to buy here in Australia or would I be better off buying it in HK? If it is the later, can you recommend anywhere in particular that sells them?
    Try expansys.com.hk to get rough idea of prices in HK (check the model, some may be overseas versions).

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by pdriches:
    Be careful with the O2. It was shipped with a bad ROM which causes it to do things like not wake up when called and you only discover this when you realise you have to reset the thing and people tell you they called you, there was no answer and it did not go to voicemail. I lost business because of this.

The replacement ROM (which is not the easiest thing to install from your PC) fixes some of these problems but my experience has been that there have been resetting problems since installation and I think it still has stability issues.

I tried to contact O2, even writing to the Asia CEO and the response has been zero.

I wrote in detail about my experience with O2 and the atom on my blog and if the powers that be do not mind a link as I think it is relevant. I am not an isolated case.

http://flagrantharbour.com/?p=141