Applying for a mobile contract

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Applying for a mobile contract

Planning to head to a phone shop today to get a mobile contract. Can't find anything on the website about what info I need to take - for example, will they require proof of address? That one's a bit tricky as I get electonic bank statements and other bills are in my partner's name as he moved out here first. Is applying for a mobile contract as strict as a bank account, will they do a credit check?

Many thanks.

Just ID and proof of address should do it. If you get electronic bank statements then print them off.

By electonic I meant online - I get an email and then have to go and log on to online banking view them, so they don't show my address. Do you think a letter from the bank when they sent me my security device would be enough?

Hmm not sure. I thought you meant downloaded statements.

When I first got here a few years back I went with my wife to the same provider she had and we got a mobile linked to her account but in my name if that makes sense. At that time we were not married and I had no ID. So that's always an option if the letter fails!

I'll just take the letter in, plus the one hard copy bank statement I had (which is more than 3 mths old) and a recent non-bank statement letter I received with my address on. Hopefully that will satisfy them!

When I signed up with "Three" last year, they sent me a letter with a phone number & code to ring up & enter to verify my address, don't know if other companies do that as well though

Does anyone also know if it's straightforward to transfer your number? I have a pay as you go SIM at the moment but want to keep the same number as it's now on my business cards etc.

When I signed up with smv, they didn't ask for proof of address. I just gave them my ID and my hang seng bank card ( to pay by EPS). Maybe the creditworthiness issue gets waived when u do a lump sum prepament for the iPhone
    Posted via Mobile Device

Transferring your number is pretty straight forward although it does take a few days for the number to come over (well it did for me) as they had to transfer from a diff phone company

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Does anyone also know if it's straightforward to transfer your number? I have a pay as you go SIM at the moment but want to keep the same number as it's now on my business cards etc.
    stick with the same provider and you'll keep the number if you transfer from payg to contract.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast