PCCW's 3G Mobile Trial

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PCCW's 3G Mobile Trial

Has anyone successfully joined this free trial? I have registered but have not been offered the trial (yet). A colleague has. She uses SmarTone. I'm on Sunday which is PCCW so no guesses as to why I haven't been offered the trial.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

I'm using it now.

The handset is from Huawei and is pretty well equipped for a basic handset. Got all features (bluetooth, SD card slot, polyphonic sounds, great looking screen with good resolution, 1.3 Megapixel camera,..etc..etc..)

Have tested it initially -made a few voice and video calls, the overall network strength in major urban areas is good, but falters when going into buildings, or in less populated areas (maybe a result of Sunday's network).

For what they give you free for 6 months....,its pretty amazing!

for more info... www.pccwmobile.com

I registered - this week - but I've not heard back from them yet.

One of my (Chinese) colleagues got his phone today, and I've just been having a play with it. Personally, I don't like flip (or slide, swing or any other 'opening') phones, so it's not a phone I would choose, but it seems decent. It's a little plasticy, but the software looks sound and comprehensive (would have to test the Java) and I'm glad to see it uses a regular SD card rather than a small, more expensive card. The interface reminds me - in a good way - of the standard SonyEricsson interface.

The one big complaint I would have is about the terms of the trial: it's a walled garden. That is, datawise, it only includes data use within the PCCW (Sunday) network, streaming from their servers and so on, which is stupid since the main reason I'd want a 3G phone would be for higher-speed data than my current unmetered GRPS on Peoples.

Well, the whole unlimited data part and lack of value added services makes virtually any 3G offer pretty much irrelevant right now.

The sheer cost of internet access via 3g is what's keeping me away. When the price and quality of 3g services in hk improves, i'll switch over. right now my o2 exec is fine with just GPRS and netvigator wifi.

Yep the PCCW wireless broadband is a great deal at $58/month. I wish I could use it on my phone.

How did you folks send a copy of your bill? My bill is electronic ...

Print and fax.

Hmm ... I'm thinking of moving to Peoples and applying for this trial again.

Umm... print an SMS?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast