Everybody and their brother has a plasma...

Everybody and their brother has a plasma...

But is there any HD programming available in HK??? From what I understand, the local channels aren't in hi-def, and Now Broadband can't deliver Hi-Def programming through it's copper DSL lines. Is i-Cable broadcasting anything in hi-def? Or does everyone just have a plasma because it looks cool?

HDTV is planned in the future and the reason why every man and his dog have plasma and lcd's is because the rooms are small and you want to liberate as much room space as possible.

and they look cool..therefor making the owner cool by default...or NOT!

1) Not all flat screens are HD ready. Most are not.

2) Other than the new HDTV Now planned for later this year, look for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to become pretty popular.

3) Your last option would be to use something like an XBOX 360 which has a HDMI interface to stream HDTV downloads from bit torrent (will be trying this at a Microsoft demo later next week) ...

KIA, this may be slighly off-topic, but I noticed that HD files on bittorrent are usually about the same file sizes as a normal broadcast. With the increased resolution in HD, wouldn't one expect those files to be much larger (say, more than 1GB per show, vs 370MB?).

I've got a DVD player using an HDMI interface into a HD-ready TV, so I wonder if I can burn those files to DVD and get HD quality on TV....

(I'll respond later .. don't have all my video goodies on my work computer)