Dopod 900

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well I went and bought the O2 Atom today. I looked seriously at getting the Dopod 900 a.k.a. O2 XDA Exec, Qtek 9000 but couldn't justify fitting something that big in my pocket without getting too much attention ;-) I had read that the Dopod 838 was disappointing and overpriced for what if offered. That left the O2 Atom and Dopod 818 Pro. The 818 Pro has both wireless 'b' and 'g' which on paper looks great but in practice is of little advantage to me unless I intend to transfer files of several hundred megabytes in size. The FM radio on the Atom is personally speaking useless especially here in HK. The 818 Pro is cheaper but what swung it for me was O2's ROM updates available from their website, the brand name's higher resale value and the longer battery life. Fortress's Atoms are already running the January ROM update.

deleteduser

How much did you buy it for? Most places I've seen sell it for around $5900. The Dopod is usually $4900

Fortress for $5800. As I said even though the 919 Pro is cheaper the other factors swayed me over to the O2 Atom's dark side.

deleteduser

The Atom just looks sexay, there's no denying that. If I can sell my JAM for a reasonable price, I'll pick one up

I had an o2 mini before my o2 exec. the o2 mini kept losing all my data every time the battery died. the o2 exec is much better, but like captain america (discobay) said, it's huge. it's fine when im wearing baggy jeans or if i throw it in a briefcase, but when im in a suit and i choose not to carry a briefcase, i have to hold it in my hand. the atom is definitely easier to stick in your pocket, but you lose the nice keyboard the exec has...

Thanks for that jay. Have you tried the PCCW wireless broadband package yet?

Yep, I subscribe to the PCCW Wireless package. I can use it for both my phone and my laptop....it's pretty cool, but I don't really hang out at wifi hotspots much....kind of a waste of $. The GPRS is a lot more practical.

Yes I agree but PCCW don't offer an unlimited GPRS plan like Sunday which is surprising. I may have to switch back to Sunday.

Oops...I'm on Sunday with unlimited GPRS. They gave me a plan that offers unlimited GPRS, local and international wifi...all for $199. Expensive, but I'm now wired 24 hours a day. Can you say internet addiction?

Jay, using windows mobile 5 as you are how do you find out the MAC address of the device?