mobile phone contract

Closed Thread

mobile phone contract

Hi,

i am about to get a mobile phone contract.

As i call China alot, i'd like to ask, which mobile phone contract (service provider, actual 'contract name') would fit me most!

Thank you so much already.

Any "3" dualband/3G contract+IDD 1966 : ($38)

Since I'm in the same situation of nash, I've checked the 3 website, but the offer is valid until the 31st of March 2006. Is there any other good package for calling China?

hi bobby,
    I was at the 3 shop, and they said that OFFICIALLY it is not yet announced, but the offer will nearly definately go on!!

110 HK$ for 1000 free minutes (inc. China) + 400 minutes to the 3 network!

"sunday" is supposed to have a good offer, too!

You can also sign up for 3's 1968 service which costs $10 per month and then either 30 or 38 cents per minute after the initial free (20 minutes or so) allowance.

1966 sounds cheaper for a high volume user but 1966IDD counts against your airtime (whereas 1968 does not) and the quality is much worse with more busy signals.

Another alternative is to find the IDD special of the day ... usually the different companies have promotions that last 2-3 months at a time ... it can be a hassle to have to keep signing up though.

Last edited by tsuiwah; 24-03-2006 at 04:14 PM.

At the moment I'm using Peoples with 23 destinations "free" paying only airtime of HKD0.25/min. Prepaid card.
    I was looking for something even cheaper or a flat package, cause I call a lot.

I will stick to Peoples at the moment.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybo:
    At the moment I'm using Peoples with 23 destinations "free" paying only airtime of HKD0.25/min. Prepaid card.
    I was looking for something even cheaper or a flat package, cause I call a lot.

I will stick to Peoples at the moment.
    That's an awesome prepaid card if you want to keep in touch with people from your Motherland. No IDD rates come close from what I've seen. Although conversely, local rates are significantly higher than usual.

Great as a spare SIM card to have around.