iphone

Closed Thread

iphone

Hi,I just bought an Iphone on 24 month contract from 3.I would like to know can I just change the sim to use it in UK and USA? I dont want to have any roaming charges.

Yup. Never had a problem with switching it in the states.

iphone

Were you on a contract too? When I went to USA a couple of months ago with my ordinary mobile I couldnt seem to find anywhere to just buy a sim and ended up having to buy a Net10 phone from Safeways(which has now expired).Is there another way?In UK it wasnt a problem.

Most major providers in the U.S. sell pay as you go sim cards (i.e. sprint, AT&T) at their retail stores.

sims

I think it would be pricey for international calls. So if I got a new sim for my Iphone would I be able to access the internet everywhere.Sorry for all the questions but I have no idea and have read some horror stories about people getting enormous bills even though they hardly used their Iphones abroad.

Angie,

May I ask what you paid for your new phone. I have an iphone now but moving to HK in July. Planning to deactivate this phone and let son use it as an itouch. Would like to get a 3GS for myself. Just trying to figure out cost.

Thanks in advance.

Attkrt
    Mine is a 3GS.I got it on a monthly fee with a DBS credit card so I'm not sure what you would pay without the card but if you go to look on the three HK website I'm sure you can get all the details

I'd like to know what is the best/cheapest sim to get in the USA to put in my Iphone to call locally and internationally or is it cheaper to buy another phone in USA? The same question applies to UK too?

As far as roaming, I always used the Sprint Sim while in the states; it may have changed, but that was the only telecom that offered pay as you go sims.
    Unfortunately, this only allowed for calls and texting, not for data. There might be more options now, but I'm not sure. Your best bet is just to try to find a wifi hotspot. But if you really need data all the time, check with 3; I use them also, and when I go to certain countries, I get texts when I land saying that I can subscribe to unlimited data downloads for the equivalent of about $20US a day. Pricey, but if you need data, far better than using the roaming fees.

Quote Originally Posted by attkrt:
    Angie,

May I ask what you paid for your new phone. I have an iphone now but moving to HK in July. Planning to deactivate this phone and let son use it as an itouch. Would like to get a 3GS for myself. Just trying to figure out cost.

Thanks in advance.
    Just go to apple's hong kong web site. They sell unlocked iphones there, so you can get an idea of the raw cost, if you just want to buy one and go with your service provider of choice. Or, just check 3's or Vodafone's web sites for their packages.