Mobile phone sim cards?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kwanmichelle:
    same as the uk, i brought my mobile phone to uk when i was studying there. no problem. you can get a pay as you go sim card or a pay-monthly sim card, depending on how frequent you use your mobile phone. the pay-monthly plans are quite cheap while compared with the pay as you go, but then they usually require you to sign up a contract to use their service for a year.

text messaging like in the uk, no difference.

but one thing to note is that, both the caller and the receiver ( or whatever it's called ) are paying when you talk unlike in the uk where only the caller pays.
    Thanks a lot, that was all I needed to know

Looks like I can just bring my Uk handset and then buy a pay as you go sim card, as I'm not sure exactly how long I will be in HK (hopefully permanently but only 80% currently) then this looks my best option

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC:
    Let me guess, you're the resident "I have more posts than anyone else and put the newbies in their place" forum hardman/smart-***e ? Congratulations, your mother must be proud.
    Yes your mother will be so happy to hear from you once you land or will she be bringing you over.

Come on Jonny, Theres nothing wrong with Discobay's response. You did ask a pretty dumb question in the first place and rather than embarass yourself on a forum you could of easily spent 5 minutes doing a google search and voila you would of got your answers there.

>> In Japan, they have phones with the sim card built into the phone, so if you lose the phone you lose the number.

Jeez... Hong Kong is not in Japan. We're a colony of China.