Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Football16
  • 1 Post By PDLM
  • 1 Post By PDLM

PCCW Phone/Fax Help

Closed Thread

PCCW Phone/Fax Help

I currently have a separate phone line and a separate fax line with PCCW. The contract is up in a week and they are offering me a pretty good deal to renew.

The problem is that I hardly use the home phone or fax. Its mainly for the wife and most of the time its junk faxes and sales calls. I have tried asking the PCCW people but cannot seem to get a response to my questions.

Is there anyway to access my faxes online (via their website) and have it forwarded to email. Also Is there any way to forward my home phone to one of our cell phones? Can this be done online via their website without paying for any value added services.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am no computer guy but I have a PCCW land line and a fax machine so it works when I need it. I don't need it often so did not bother with a fax number. Not sure why you cannot route fax to a PC - but that is beyond me.

JaredHK likes this.

Forwarding your home phone line is straightforward. It is also easy to have two phone numbers on one phone line so that you have one number for fax and one for phone with distinctive ringing so that your fax machine can recognise which calls to answer.

For the "one line, two numbers, plus VAS" service you need this one: Fax Package at $37 per month on top of the $110 for the basic line.

JaredHK likes this.

Thanks for the replies. The deal I am getting is cheaper than adding the 2nd number to the same line. The offered me $99+$30.

I wanted someting where I could go online while we are away and fo the forwarding etc via a web interface. I have that for my phone back home in the TX.

If you just want a virtual fax number then PCCW isn't really the place to get it - lots of other options around (Google is your friend).

But if you're getting two numbers down one line for $129 then that's not too bad. Maybe you need a "soft fax" of your own on the end of the second number (i.e. a modem with fax software on your PC) which you could then access from anywhere in the world?

JaredHK likes this.

Thanks might look into that option. I want to stick with PCCW as far as possible but I guess no one really offers the online control panel option here yet.