Like Tree4Likes

Android 2.1 update for HTC Hero?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

erm does anyone else have a problem after they upgraded? I just downloaded and installed 2.1 but now it's not letting me connect to mobile internet - i'm using a 3HK prepaid sim card.

Quote Originally Posted by relhac:
    erm does anyone else have a problem after they upgraded? I just downloaded and installed 2.1 but now it's not letting me connect to mobile internet - i'm using a 3HK prepaid sim card.
    I have also just upgraded and had a similar issue. I am using a standard GSM card and the update had removed the GPRS settings.

I had to input a new GPRS APN to get the mobile internet to work again.

I've not seen this problem, but I do have an issue with the cursor ball. It doesn't seem to work when spinning it to the right. ie When editing an email/text or navigating the home screens.

Only seen this problem since applying 2.1, but it may have already been an issue, and I'd not noticed it.

Anyone seen this since upgrading to 2.1?

If not, I'll assume that it is an issue with the phone and take it back to Fortress.

Thanks

Chris

Is there anything groundbreaking, in terms of function, with this upgrade?

If so I haven't noticed it!

Also, they have removed the little talking/waving android from the start-up.... b@%$#^&s!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Is there anything groundbreaking, in terms of function, with this upgrade?

If so I haven't noticed it!

Also, they have removed the little talking/waving android from the start-up.... b@%$#^&s!!!!
    I'd say it's a bit faster, and google maps seems to work a lot better as well, including the GPS. It seems to locate me far quicker than before. Also an upgrade to 2.1 means we get access to all the new amazon marketplace apps that weren't available for 1.5. Integration with google and facebook contacts seems to be much improved as well.

I admit though, it's not a completely new phone but I think it's an improvement over 1.5. It's definitely a worthwhile download.

As for those with problems connecting to the internet after the download it may be that the APNs have been deleted by the update. Just do a search for "#INSERT PHONE NETWORK# Hong Kong APN settings" or something on google.

hi all!
    thanks for the advice, finally got connected. and yeah, I had to input my APN manually.
    for 3 it's mobile.three.com.hk

works normally after that!
    think 2.1 also means you get pinch and zoom - so you can collapse all six home screens into one view. (or was i just really dumb and missed this on 1.5? )

hi all!
    thanks for the advice, finally got connected. and yeah, I had to input my APN manually.
    for 3 it's mobile.three.com.hk

works normally after that!
    think 2.1 also means you get pinch and zoom - so you can collapse all six home screens into one view. (or was i just really dumb and missed this on 1.5? )
    I don't think you missed that feature on 1.5, it appears to be new but not exactly "groundbreaking"!