Best Chinese Mobile Phone Brands

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HTC is a taiwanese brand, not a china mainland brand, but it says sometime about domestic market prefer non china designed phones

HTC is not cheap they are in the same league as.....Nokia, Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    actually, they have possibly the best chinese brand awareness and quality since they purchase IBM hardware dept.
    It was actually the PC Company division, although the media blew it up to "China company buys IBM". It is probably the best known China brand internationally after all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    but there again, let's all remember when Lucky goldstar and samsung was pretty cheap and slight dodgy quality electronics manufactuer in the early 80's, look where they are now.

or Nissian/Datsun in the 70's
    Indeed, but they were internationally known brands. China suffers from a lack of branding. From cars, through to electronics it's an issue that hasn't really been dealt with.

considering my own saftely, I would never buy those phones from china. you never know whether it would explode one day or damage your health in any other way! there were several pieces of news abt exploding cell phones/ batteries in china...so better becareful!

Apple Iphone - isn't most of the techware and software designed and coded in greater China? they're certainly made out here

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Apple Iphone - isn't most of the techware and software designed and coded in greater China? they're certainly made out here
    No designed in US, built in China. Most of the phone manufacturers and PC companies have at least some components made if not the whole product made in China.

basically simple analogy, can be applied to electronics, cars or any consumer goods

china brand (however, lenovo maybe the exception), china designed, china made, poor quality, poor image(example of 361' sports brand opening branch in hk), possibly not worth the bother

or

western/japanese/korean design, china made, very decent, examples, to certain extent, weiwi is a rebadge rover car which is co-developed with honda, lenevo taken over ibm pc department, and virtually all electronics.

Dont use the china mobiles even if they come pretty cheap for you. You will be able to sense the enormous heat that it radiates.Eventhough all mobile emit a fair amount of heat you dont feel the heat unless you use it for long time bacause. But in case of China mobile you can sense the heat very soon

If you are going to buy a China Phone, I would suggest buying the China Phone in Hong Kong. So you can use it here too. I bought the fake IPhone in China for my niece (She's 11). I couldn't use it for a lot of the carriers. Only 3 will work on it.

If you go to the computer centers, there are a few places that will sell it. And even at the Cell phone Plaza in MK sell the China phone. You can have them test it first.

I tested the phone in China, and it worked fine on their cell network using the HK sim. After coming back, it didn't work anymore. China phones have that problem. I asked some of the repair shops if they could update the software. They said that I can't, it's built into the phone.

I saw at one of the store, cell phone called Asus, A something I think. Some made in Japan or Taiwan. Those were cheap, and can use in China and HK.

Those phones are great for the kids. They get a cool looking phone, and you don't have to spend a big chunck of change for them.

Though I would not buy for my main phone, relatively decent brands include Lenovo, K-Touch, ZTE, Huawei, coolpad, TCL. . I believe ZTE and Huawei sell most their phone overseas as the throwins of their more profitable infrastruce equipments.

Quote Originally Posted by JT101:
    Hi

I will be going to Shenzen in a few days, and would like to buy a mobile phone.

Iam aware that Chinese fakes of the originals e.g. Nokia, Samsung are far inferior in quality. Iwas just wondering if there were actual chinese branded phonese which are half decent.

I know they won't be as good as the big brands, but still.........

Thanks

James
    Last edited by pizzalover; 18-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.