Toshiba Gigabeat S series in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Toshiba Gigabeat S series in Hong Kong?

Hey guy, I'm was wondering if the second generation Toshiba Gigabeat mp3 player is out in Hong Kong? I have been looking for a good ipod alternative for a while now and this appears to be it. I'm asking because I'll be leaving the states for China and from China to Hong Kong in a few weeks and the player doesnt appear to be in American stores yet. Also, here is a CNET review of the player that I'm talking about. Thanks http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_Giga...?tag=cnetfd.ec

as far as i know........toshiba won't bring this model to hongkong...maybe you have to buy it online...

btw, i am a gigabeat user and you know this is one of the best mp3 player available in the market, esp. on the sound quality..

Angry

Yeah, the first time i saw this on CNET i had a good feeling that it was a viable ipod alternative. I never really got into the whole ipod craze. Unfortunately for me, at that time there was no other player out that was either superior or could hold its own against the ipod. Wonder why toshiba doesnt want to bring it to Hong Kong, seeing that its a great market IMO for mp3 player.

the handphones include the MP3 playback function really kills the MP3 Player market.

I belieive this market is shrinking very fast, and in the future,
    anything is integrated into one thing (the handphone)

**look at this...the handphone is also killing the 3mega pixel DC business.

Is mp5 is a official format or just marketing gimmick?
    See a lot product say about it, but cudnt find details..