Halo:Reach Legendary Edition

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Halo:Reach Legendary Edition

Does anyone know is there ANY AT ALL retailers in HK that will allow me to preorder the Halo Reach Legendary Edition?

Not likely. They usually give these out (like the H3 Legendary Edition) to the 1st 100 people who line up at launch.

I was at the H3 launch and 98 out of the 100 people lining up were store staff who sold it the next day for $1700. The helmet was a POS and i ended up popping it on a bamboo to scare away birds on my roof.

I recommend ordering it off ebay or amazon.

That's whats in it.
    http://kotaku.com/5521941/halo-reach...label/gallery/

Last edited by JaredHK; 09-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Really? because i still remember Toys R Us offering pre-orders for Halo Wars, are you sure that they won't be offering it?

Halo Wars was not a huge title like H3 or Reach or even Gears 2. They didn't release the Lancer version of Gears 2 or ODST here either so there is no way they will release the Ltd Edition of Reach. I am sure some shops would sell the parallel version at double the price but there's no guarantees as X360 games are hard to move these days.

So i wonder, why offer pre-orders for less popular games?

They rarely have "Official" MS approved pre orders on games here except for "certain" major titles like RDR, BFBC2 and Crackdown 2. Even then they usually give out some code with the preorder which is useless unlike Stateside where you get faceplates, tshirts or 1-3 month cards in some cases.

The distributors usually do pre orders on some games as they get special deals on it due to lack of interest elsewhere. HK has always been a dumping ground and these days they tend to dump more here since a lot of it goes into the mainland.

Frankly I think most of the Special Editions are garbage and a waste of money. The stuff in the package is cheap Chinese made rubbish and ends up taking up room and eventually gets tossed out.

The legendary is not garbage.... Trust me
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    The legendary is not garbage.... Trust me
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I have seen the Reach packaging and the contents minus the discs at a recent MLG event in Orlando. Bungie was trying to get feedback from the community on the contents.

Its not that impressive at all. We were told that they initially wanted to work with Kotobukiya but it didn't work out. It looks a lot better in the pictures than in real life.The team statue just looked very cheap and plasticky.

As for the Armor and the other stuff its easily obtainable in game if you have a decent skill level.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 11-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    I have seen the Reach packaging and the contents minus the discs at a recent MLG event in Orlando. Bungie was trying to get feedback from the community on the contents.

Its not that impressive at all. We were told that they initially wanted to work with Kotobukiya but it didn't work out. It looks a lot better in the pictures than in real life.The team statue just looked very cheap and plasticky.

As for the Armor and the other stuff its easily obtainable in game if you have a decent skill level.
    its plasticy because it is plastic. its a mass production product, not an actual small run resin project. the photos they show are of the master sample, which is always better then the final plastic product due to the processes.

@Chun
    Aim'ed a guy I know at Bungie and he confirms that there is a NTSC J version of the Legendary but he is unsure if it is Japan only which is Japanese language or its the Asian J version.

@Bender
    Many of us hardcore/Pro gamers buy the game for the gameplay and the game itself and not for other cheap crap they bundle with them.

I know about the mass production issue and understand your point.

Last edited by JaredHK; 11-07-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast