Online video game shopping

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Online video game shopping

Hello,
    I recently bought a PSP and I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells more than a handful of games. I'm told 188 wanchai is good so I'll be going down there at the weekend, but in the meantime I was just wondering if there are any websites that anyone knows of which deliver to HK like amazon or play.com? I've checked those 2 and can't find anything, and I'm reluctant to sign up with ebay as I want new and not second hand stuff. Any links appreciated
    Cheers

Hmm, you been to Mong Kok?? opposite the Royal Bank of China in Nathan Road, there is a shopping center (two pillars, with mirrors in the center of the entrance) thats full of games, anime related merchandise ( I can't remember the exact name, but its right next to the 'Nathan Central' building ). round the corner from 'sai yeung choi' street.

Websites:

www.play-asia.com
    www.lik-sang.com

Both have served me very well.... =)

deleteduser

You do NOT have to buy from play asia or lik sang (or my site ) if you live in Hong Kong - you would be paying inflated US import prices.

Go to ANY computer mall - try Golden Arcade in SSP. You should be able to find PSP games very easily.

PSP are not region locked either, you can play games form any region on any console.

Why don't you try Toy R Us? It has a huge collection of games...

Off topic (sorry guys), do you know if Cars is a good game or not?

I second the suggestion for Golden Arcade which has so many games you will find yourself going up and down to compare the prices and getting in the way of everyone else.
    Otherwise Wanchai Computer Centre's first floor has a pda shop that has a good selection. I also recommend 188 and Toys R Us though the latter is expensive.
    You will not likely find many games in Windsor House and 298 is just a smoking room.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I second the suggestion for Golden Arcade which has so many games you will find yourself going up and down to compare the prices and getting in the way of everyone else.
    Otherwise Wanchai Computer Centre's first floor has a pda shop that has a good selection. I also recommend 188 and Toys R Us though the latter is expensive.
    You will not likely find many games in Windsor House and 298 is just a smoking room.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've not made it up to SSP or mongkok yet but I was told by people at work that was only for hardware and not games, guess they're telling porkies.

I bought the console from wanchai computer centre and had a look all around trying to find games but there didn't seem to be more than a handful anywhere.I tried toys r us in causeway bay but their selection wasn't much good unfortunately, the game I'm really after is pro evolution soccer 5 but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'll check 188 at the weekend and also head up to kowloon too, hopefully somewhere will stock it.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by JonnyC; 27-07-2006 at 09:48 PM.

188 has a shop that has the best prices on PSP games..i got GTA: Liberty City there when it first came out and I remember it being the best price I'd seen anywhere in town. It's not a shop per se, rather a counter with glass displays on 3 sides.

pro evolution soccer 5
    japan version should be called Winning Eleven 9 (I think)
    it's hard to find the 'english version" . if you don't mind the japanese menu..you may the japan version

pro evolution soccer 5
    japan version should be called Winning Eleven 9 (I think)
    it's hard to find the 'english version" . if you don't mind the japanese menu..you may the japan version

go to HK Records, they have a good selection if not amazing, are nice and it's rewarding to buy the legit article. plus you get a stamp card that takes forever to fill up and leads to one measly reward or other..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast