ibook and home theater

Closed Thread

ibook and home theater

I am setting up my A/V stuff, and wondering if I can run audio (specifically iTunes) from my Mac notebook into a home theater system. The home theater system i was looking at has a USB plug, but that is only for portable USB devices, i think. Is there some kind of audio out I can run that will work properly? The guys at fortress were bewildered, saying that I try looking in Yau Ma Tei...
    Help?

ummm, not sure if this answers your question, but you can get 3.5mm stereo to AV adaptors that mean you can run your iPod/iBook/anything with a 3.5mm earphone plug into your stereo. there is also a few gadgets that you can use that you plug into your iBook USB hub, and then you can plug AV into that (supposed to bypass the circuit "noise" from the 3.5mm plug, apparently...). i used one called iMic...

do be warned... MP3 into a good set of speakers sounds a little... compressed?

Thanks for the advice, since my post i found a 20 dollar a/v cable that has solved my problem and bedazzled the Fortress drones.

Thanks for the advice, since my post i found a 20 dollar a/v cable that has solved my problem and bedazzled the Fortress drones.
    That's derogatory to drones