Nintendo Wii! some questions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Question

If I have a U.S Wii, will japanese controllers work?

i am fairly sure that the controllers will work on any wii console.

The US version is very hard to find in HK now, even with the markup it is still selling like hotcakes. I gave up waiting and got the japanese version hoping that one day there'll be a region-free hack available to play english games as well. Fortunately that don't need to read much japanese to play wii sports.

A shop at the Golden Arcade is selling the Wii (US version), transformer, wiimote, modded, Wii Sports with 10 games of your choice from their catalogue for HKD35xx. Does this look good?

Never mind I bought it anyway :-)

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    A shop at the Golden Arcade is selling the Wii (US version), transformer, wiimote, modded, Wii Sports with 10 games of your choice from their catalogue for HKD35xx. Does this look good?
    Which shop was it please?!

Don't go in the main entrance but veer left along the building and take the first entrance you see. Then it is the first shop on the right. Small with just a counter top and boxes behind the sales guys. Ask for Joe.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out! Any tips for bargaining?

Try and get lower prices from elsewhere and use that as your bargaining chip. Probably hard now with the growing popularity of the console and declining popularity of the ps3, xbox360.

Thnaks for that - I might wait for a couple of months - I'm sure the prices will be quite high what with the usual Christmas shortages.

dont buy modded wiis! you cant play new games on it (and for the sake of encouraging the use of genuine software)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4