Nintendo Wii! some questions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nintendo Wii! some questions

So the Nintendo Wii's coming out end of november in the US, beginning of December in Japan. Good news and all, since it looks like Nintendo will beat its competitors once again.

Only worried about it here in Hong Kong though. If I would buy an import US one in HK, will the online functions "block" me out since I'm not in the US? Likewise for Japan?

I would wager that that they would be treating HK in the same "zone" as Japan (like they do with PS2), but since the Wii is region-coded , you would'nt be able to play any english games on it (legally speaking) and would again probably cause problems for englsih internet-play?

any idea how much they'll be selling it for here? it's 250$ in the states

wait a sec.

isn't wii region free?
    http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii...e-region-free/

As I understand it, the Wii itself has a region, but Nintendo have promised that their games will not be region-locked. Other vendors' games could, and probably will, be region-locked.

I still intend to get one pretty much on release day

Unfortunately news is that it isn't region-free!
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/15/wi...y-region-free/

So I'm curious how HK will be handled as a region. Realy roo bad, Wii seems/seemd like the most fun console of the last decade!

Last edited by Gatts; 18-09-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Any updates on the Wii for HK??

i saw on a magazine that the wii is going to be 3600$ but need to pre-order.
    i'm thinking of getting a system myself too.. we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by beafan:
    i saw on a magazine that the wii is going to be 3600$ but need to pre-order.
    i'm thinking of getting a system myself too.. we'll see.
    That's a nice markup on a Japanese import at $1600, although that might be the sport package from US? HMV are selling the Xbox 360 at under $3000.

I'm really curious in which ways the Wii is region-locked. Can you access the online network and online virtual console with a US or Jap region Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    That's a nice markup on a Japanese import at $1600, although that might be the sport package from US? HMV are selling the Xbox 360 at under $3000.
    my friend told me to wait up on the Wii cuz it will be 1800$ later on. i think the 3800$ ones are the ones direct from japan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast