New Xbox 360 250Gb

Closed Thread

New Xbox 360 250Gb

hi

I'm looking to buy the new xbox which has just been released since my old one has just got the e74 error - its outwith warranty, would cost too much to send it to Microsoft to get it fixed, and frankly wouldn't mind the new version anyway since its lighter and less noisy.

I do have a couple of queries though that i hope someone can answer.

If i buy it here, will it still work ok in the UK?
    Has anyone bought one yet and is it worth it? My old one was the original Arcade version.
    Where is the best price - everywhere i have been so far quoting $2369 with a controller - do you think i could bargain and get a game thrown in?

Thanks for your advice in advance

If you plan on moving back to the UK in the next few months I suggest that you buy one there. The HK box would work in the UK but 90% of the UK PAL region games would not work on the NTSC-J console. Also MS would make you ship the console over to Asia in case something goes wrong with it.

There is an arcade version of the new 360 Slim Console out soon in the UK and it should be cheaper. They will eventually release it here before Christmas.

The other option is to send in the old box to MS and they will give you a replacement option and send you a replacement for a flat fee of roughly $800.

Will the xbox here be NTSC-J or NTSC-C - when i asked the guy in the shop he just said NTSC. I'm worried i buy it, take it home and none of my games work! Obviously i'm sure with a receipt i can return it, but just a bit concerned.
    I was thinking of returning the old one to MS, but i think the cost to send it there and back, along withthe replacement fee would be not far off the cost of the new one!

UK/EU/Aus/NZ - PAL
    US/Canada - NTSC U/C
    Asia (Except India) - NTSC J

Most PAL games are Region Locked PAL and will not work on a NTSC J console. I have a few consoles from various regions and can confirm this. I recommend that you buy a PAL console when you go back home or if you plan on staying here long get a local NTSC J one.

I highly doubt you can return a console even if the stores claim that you can.

As for shipping the console it costs under $350 EMS to their center in Japan and they cover the return shipping. This is if its sent in for repairs. You get a free 1 Month card worth $40 with the box when it is sent back to you. In case of replacement with a new console ($800 deal) it might be done locally so its best you call their hotline and check.

We have been into the shops and as part of their 'deal' you have to buy a game or accessory at the same time you buy the new xbox, so there is another $350+ added on. We have decided to try to get a UK xbox shipped here if it won't cost too much, otherwise just wait until we go back. Unfortunately the old xbox arcade which has got the e74 error won't work - do you know anywhere we could get it repaired here for not too much? Its over 5 years old so we would just be doing something to pass the next couple of months before we head back to UK.