Which Media Players available in HK? (Apple TV, WD TV Live or Alternatives?)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Media Players available in HK? (Apple TV, WD TV Live or Alternatives?)

Hello,

I am trying to buy a decent working Media Player for streaming of Media content from my PC to my TV and am down to a small selection including the new Apple TV and Western Digital TV Live Plus.

Problem: Both seem not to be available here (yet). does anybody know when they will be released, resp what better/other alternatives exist in HK?

I went to Wan Chai PC Center recently and the selection was pretty limited, with mostly old models. Any recommendations would be great!

Cheers

I know the WD Live is available here, I thought the only difference for the 'Plus' was direct access to selected US based movie sites?
    Posted via Mobile Device

There are LOADS of media players available in HK, however most of them are generic chinese brands....

For apple stuff there are a couple of Mac-themed/influenced malls. Windsor House has a shop with apple TV, however I went down the Mac mini route for more flexibility.

ok cheers, i will check out the chinese versions then, any specific models or experiences?

Update:

I bought the Western Digital TV HD (WD TV HD Media Player ( WDBABF0000NBK )) for 750 HK$ including a free HDMI cable. Location Wan Chai Computer Mall. First shop quoted me 1500, lol, if you look around and compare prices you should be able to get a good deal here...

Quote Originally Posted by GwailoGuru:
    Update:

I bought the Western Digital TV HD (WD TV HD Media Player ( WDBABF0000NBK )) for 750 HK$ including a free HDMI cable. Location Wan Chai Computer Mall. First shop quoted me 1500, lol, if you look around and compare prices you should be able to get a good deal here...
    Did you decide against streaming from your computer ?

Quote Originally Posted by GwailoGuru:
    ok cheers, i will check out the chinese versions then, any specific models or experiences?
    I have an Inphic i8 which I bought over a year ago for about $400 at Golden, SSP, and still works fine.

Inphic i9 Full HD 1080P Media Player...USD 85.88/Piece,5 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

yeah, i never intened to actually stream, my main purpose is to play from my external hd, and since i have stored everything on multiple small wd passports, this is perfect solution for me..

I've also seen the Xtreamer (Xtreamer.Net - Home) and various other generic Chinese media players for sale at Mongkok Computer Centre

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast