My PS2 gives off a buzzing sound when the volume is high

Closed Thread

My PS2 gives off a buzzing sound when the volume is high

I have a Playstation 2 (with a infinity mod chip) connected via a component cable to my Sharp 52 inch LCD panel.

For some reason if I set the volume to like 50 (out of 60) I can hear a buzzing sound coming from my TV's speakers. Why? I noticed this SAME problem when I had my PS2 connected to my old 24 inch TV via S video. At the time I thought it was the TV, but guess not. What gives? Anyway to fix this? Does anyone else have this problem? If any of you have a PS2 can you set the volome as high as possible in the memory card select menu of your PS2 and let me know if you hear a buzzing noise too?

I also have my PC and my Dreamcast connected to the same LCD panel, without any buzzing noise.

I also noticed with my PS2, the volume seems to be lower in DVD movies than in games. Did anyone notice this? It's also quite annoying. Anyway to fix this?

Lastly, how do I enable progressive scan? Some games like Burnout 3 support progressive scan, but it's still giving me an interlaced signal through my component cables.

Thanks for any help guys!

Anyone have any thoughts of this???