xbox 360 or ps3?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I had both and sold my PS3 i find i was mostly playing Xbox as the online is a lot better and worth the 365 hkd membership per year, also game on xbox are a lot cheaper, just pick up the last splinter cell game (6 months old) new for 120 hkd.

Graphic are really similar as most of the game are made for both console and usually don't see much different. The ability to install game on xbox HDD is great to reduce loading time.

But if you plan on watching a lot of blueray then PS3 of course.

while don't you but a ps3 and get your relatives/friends to bring over your x360, that way you have both.

@Gatts
    Only a handful of 360 games have multi discs and of course some releases would have better graphics on one system. A majority of the titles released (on both systems) are far better on the 360 (Graphics, Framerate etc). As for MP the 360 wins hands down which is why it is the console of choice for all Major League events. I work in the industry and although I am on my PS3 a lot more than the 360.. I tend to go back to the 360 for most MP titles like COD.

@Almighty
    Sony intends to eventually charge for PSN and PSN + was launched to gauge consumer reaction. I bought PSN+ and it is total garbage for $49 compared to XBL at the same price. they are also Beta Testing PSN Rewards at the moment and have certain user levels based on how much you buy off PSN Store.

I was on the beta test panel for Move and Kinect and IMO both are fairly different and unique. I recommend that people wait 6-8 months before buying either as there are only a handful of games out at the moment.

@Beuze
    Hk is one of the few regions which were not yet affected by the XBL price hike so we still pay $340-$360 for a 12 mth card unlike the US or people like me with US accounts.

I agree that the install to HDD option does make a difference especially when you play certain games often like COD, BFBC2 or Reach.

As Paranoic says..if you.. can buy both systems and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Last edited by JaredHK; 08-11-2010 at 02:51 PM.

I got the kids the PS3 Move controllers and a few games. They are, so far, seriously unimpressed with the games. One of them involves skating down Hong Kong streets on a chair! They had finished all levels in the game in about 2 hours.

If there are any great Move games out there, someone let me know. Otherwise agree, better to wait for the time being.

resident evil move editon, time crisis : rizing, etc... or wait for killzone 3

or bioshock 3

I try Kinect and i think it's great for party game, way better than the wii, kinect sport, kinect your shape fitness and dance central are really good party game, but if you are into hardcore game you will be very disappointed.

So far the only bad thing about kinect is that my place is too small to play it !

IMO, and according to some magazines, as x360 & ps3 sales worldwide are neck and neck ( around 40 mil world wide), however, ( as mentioned above) x360 sells proprotional more in states (presume ratio 6:4) , while x360 struggle in japanese market as ps3 is far more popular ( ratio 7:1) in japan domestic market, its more than likely that you find more jp developed games onthe ps3 in the future, while more sport /fps games on thex360, chances is like the snes/sfc vs megadrive/genenis of the early 90's

so depending on your taste whether it's sports/fps or japanese titles , will determine your choice.

Last edited by imparanoic; 10-11-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    resident evil move editon, time crisis : rizing, etc... or wait for killzone 3
    Have you tried move with these games? Its Crap and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I tested move with a demo of the upcoming Socom and KZ3 and it was very hard to control. It might be ok for certain kiddie titles but Sony should stop pushing those controllers for FPS games.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Have you tried move with these games? Its Crap and I would not recommend it to anyone.
    If the PS3 move edition of res evil 5 works as well as res evil 4 wii edition it could be worth the money IMHO. The Wii controls for RE4 were so good I actually didn't buy RE5 because of how much i wanted to play it with a Wii-like control method!