Like Tree1Likes

Easy-DVD - what's up with those?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Because not everyone is an audio or visual junkie. Makes no odds to me whether I watch a film on VCD or DVD. When have you ever heard kids discuss quality on their Disney vids? End of the day there's a market for both, or all 3.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well,it depends what you teach them. Quality not quantity. And kids can tell the difference. My daughter has Blu ray,DVD and VCD. She knows which is better looking and she will always end up looking at dvd/blu rather than vcd.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    too be honest, the bit rate ( you can check on most machines) is the factor which mosty important, if the easy dvd bit rate is very low, ie, at 3-4mbs, it's not too far from vcd quality (marginally better), but if the bit rate is pretty high, ie, 8-9mb, with an upscaling dvd player on 1080p mode, it's not too far from bluray quality

but there again, I can see a market which sustain for all formats, ie, vcd at 50, easydvd at 90, dvd at 129 and blu ray at 180
    I think you are right that this will be the VCD successor. there is definitly a market for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by malc:
    Well,it depends what you teach them. Quality not quantity. And kids can tell the difference. My daughter has Blu ray,DVD and VCD. She knows which is better looking and she will always end up looking at dvd/blu rather than vcd.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I teach them to be kids. However I now realise that I am denying them a childhood if they cannot distinguish between Blu-ray, DVD and VCD. I will report myself for child abuse.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I teach them to be kids. However I now realise that I am denying them a childhood if they cannot distinguish between Blu-ray, DVD and VCD. I will report myself for child abuse.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    gasp! Sarcasm.....no,i really can't be bothered.
    Posted via Mobile Device