Like Tree1Likes

Anything good coming up on PS3 soon?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sonic the Hedgehog XXXVIII

bryant.english likes this.

There will be no way for Sony to fix this problem of home brew, to know more you really need to read up on it, in short, the private key for signing of software has been decoded.
    There will also be no way for Sony to detect this.

@Robert
    Perhaps not for now but they will figure out a way soon like they did with JB. I know about this as I am quite active on several of the hack sites and in the community. I used to run one of the most notorious sites until it got shut down in 08 and we were part of PS3/xbox scene.com

They have already banned people for JB and many of us would rather pay and stay legit than steal and get banned. Once banned they disable your device form accessing PSN, disable the ability to save, ban all PSN accounts on the console which means you lose all your paid DLC. SCEA has promised the same action to people using this exploit.

Last edited by JaredHK; 05-01-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has only recently been released and if you liked or missed Assassin's Creed 2 either get that first or if you played it and liked it do buy this one. They aren't exclusive to the PS3, but they are simply modern classics.

As someone else said Little Big Planet 2 is getting more rave reviews and is pretty much as expansive as possible.

I believe Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are also coming out as HD conversion twin packs for the PS3.

I could go on, I think the PS3 has for the past year had some really good games.

Interesting news on the PS3 homebrew front, I'd not heard it had been done. I'm very happy with my homebrew PSP - it lets me play all the games I could ever want without discs (UMDfree) and have an old Sega system emulator, but I'd be reluctant to do the same on my PS3 as I will be keeping in touch with my brother back in the UK through some online gaming and I would hate to be banned from that.

Last edited by kogia; 14-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kogia:
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has only recently been released and if you liked or missed Assassin's Creed 2 either get that first or if you played it and liked it do buy this one. They aren't exclusive to the PS3, but they are simply modern classics.

As someone else said Little Big Planet 2 is getting more rave reviews and is pretty much as expansive as possible.

I believe Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are also coming out as HD conversion twin packs for the PS3.

I could go on, I think the PS3 has for the past year had some really good games.

Interesting news on the PS3 homebrew front, I'd not heard it had been done. I'm very happy with my homebrew PSP - it lets me play all the games I could ever want without discs (UMDfree) and have an old Sega system emulator, but I'd be reluctant to do the same on my PS3 as I will be keeping in touch with my brother back in the UK through some online gaming and I would hate to be banned from that.
    emulation on ps3/psp or any system are great for what they are, but playing it on real hardware is always better for vintage 2d games.

the only exception is playing vintage 3d game as this would be significant better on newer equipment.

A wise man could also save his money for the 3DS coming out next month!

I am just done playing Dead Space 2 and working on a guide for it. If anyone is a DS1 fan this game is a must buy. However pick up the 360 version as the graphics are a lot better. I found AC2 and ACB to be graphically a lot better on the 360 as well. It should be out in HK on the 20th or 22nd Jan as per EA HK.

LBP 2 and KZ3 are the 2 big titles of the year followed by Uncharted 3. I was not too pleased with the LBP 2 beta which I played a few weeks ago. It seems very similar to LBP 1 and seems more like an expansion IMO. KZ3 looks promising so far so lets hope they do a good job with it. I am a huge fan of UC 1 & 2 so I am looking forward to UC3.

Last edited by JaredHK; 14-01-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    A wise man could also save his money for the 3DS coming out next month!
    no really, cos during the first month of release, prices market price expected at HK$3500 for first week (estimated purchase prices is at 25,000 yen/hkd2400) as 3ds is more than likely won't be released in hk for a few months, same happened with ps3 ( jap release oct 06, hk import during first month was at HK$5,200, in the uk, import prices was at 1000 gbp!!, i note tha nintendo normally won't release consoles for at least or around 4 to 6 months in the west (used to be up to 18 months during sfc/snes times), thus jap import prices will be high.

expect the same as there is high demand for 3ds.

I don't have a 360, so I just try and shut me ears if people say a game I like had better graphics on that sytsem.. Ignorance in this case is better. ;o)

As for the 3DS, I don't think I'd trade my modded PSP in for any other portable system any time soon, it just does everything I need so damn well as it is with CFW.

I did see KillZone at a show earlier this year and I'm not too ashamed to say it looked fantastic, but I just can't play games like that, they just scare me more than I enjoy.

LBP is a great fun game, but I'm not sure I'll get LBP2, just too many other games to play.

I didn't get my PS3 until summer 2010, and haven't played Uncharted 1, but Uncharted 2 was great fun, so I am looking forward to UC3.

I don't have a 360, so I just try and shut me ears if people say a game I like had better graphics on that sytsem.. Ignorance in this case is better. ;o)

As for the 3DS, I don't think I'd trade my modded PSP in for any other portable system any time soon, it just does everything I need so damn well as it is with CFW.

I did see KillZone at a show earlier this year and I'm not too ashamed to say it looked fantastic, but I just can't play games like that, they just scare me more than I enjoy.

LBP is a great fun game, but I'm not sure I'll get LBP2, just too many other games to play.

I didn't get my PS3 until summer 2010, and haven't played Uncharted 1, but Uncharted 2 was great fun, so I am looking forward to UC3.
    I played Kz2 and it was one of the hardest games of the year to complete IMO especially playing through the campaign without dying. I am not a huge fan as the game is pretty dark and depressing.

I recommend that you pick up UC1 before you play UC3 as much of the story revolves around happenings and characters in UC1.