Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)

Just curious, does anyone still play this game? It is hands down the best multiplayer game I've played in 2010. I switched to COD: BO when that came out but quickly grew bored of it after prestiging.

I would love to get some epic BFBC2 matches going if anyone owns the game and is down for it. I just really miss playing team-based shooters where winning a game actually requires the help and skill of your teammates unlike most shooters that are coming out these days which solely focus on team deathmatch (which I find frustrating and boring) and are also played largely by annoying angry pre-pubescent kids.

My PS3 username is JaredHK. Strangely enough there is a videogamer on this forum who's name is also JaredHK.... lulz.

Last edited by laserrain; 06-02-2011 at 11:02 PM.

do you also play or did play Street Fighter IV?

Negative. I absolutely suck at Street Fighter. However, I'm pretty good at the more ridiculous fighting games such as Marvel vs. Capcom.

Yeah, I play all the time when I am in HK, but I am not in the now. I will add you as a friend. The matches are on servers in japan I think because I see lots of Japanese names, but also some players from Hk and the middle east.

BTW, why is your player name not JaredGZ?

Quote Originally Posted by laserrain:
    I just really miss playing team-based shooters where winning a game actually requires the help and skill of your teammates unlike most shooters that are coming out these days which solely focus on team deathmatch .......
    Team Fortress 2 is what you're looking for. Still has a very active player base with HK and other regional severs as Valve keep releasing free updates (for PC version anyway). Like most FPS's it's much better on the PC than console though IMHO.

http://www.teamfortress.com/
    Last edited by dipper; 07-02-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Just curious, does anyone still play this game? It is hands down the best multiplayer game I've played in 2010. I switched to COD: BO when that came out but quickly grew bored of it after prestiging.

I would love to get some epic BFBC2 matches going if anyone owns the game and is down for it. I just really miss playing team-based shooters where winning a game actually requires the help and skill of your teammates unlike most shooters that are coming out these days which solely focus on team deathmatch (which I find frustrating and boring) and are also played largely by annoying angry pre-pubescent kids.

My PS3 username is JaredHK. Strangely enough there is a videogamer on this forum who's name is also JaredHK.... lulz.

I used to play BFBC 2 (PS3) until recently (as I have been traveling a lot and the wife is back). I must agree that the MP is far better than COD BO or any COD games. The recent NAM expansion is also definitely worth picking up.

BFBC also needs teamwork and importantly people with headsets to communicate with each other as you play in squads of 4. BF is a lot more fun if played in a squad IMO.

BF3 has already been announced and it seems very likely that the PC and 360 people will be getting 64 player online games while PS3 will have 16-24. I can't wait to get my hands on the MP beta in a few weeks.

@Packy
    The OP is referring to the PS3 version. I usually get players from the US or UK when I'm online and rarely get any Arabs or Japanese in my games.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 07-02-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Ah simply not enough ps3 players that play bfbc2. I literally could not find a single game last night on any game mode. Might consider selling it and wait for bf3. I think there just aren't enough people that play FPS on ps3 in general.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    BTW, why is your player name not JaredGZ?
    Agh it's softeyes actually. My bad.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by laserrain; 08-02-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Ah simply not enough ps3 players that play bfbc2. I literally could not find a single game last night on any game mode. Might consider selling it and wait for bf3. I think there just aren't enough people that play FPS on ps3 in general.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There was server maintenance on last night and they had a message up the moment you connect to EA after hitting the start button.

There are always loads of people playing BFBC2 ... unless you have a crappy net connection and are not able to find games or your account has been flagged for TOS violations. In this case BF3 is not going to be any different either.

..And loads of people play FPS on the PS3. BFBC1 which is 2 years old still has full servers/rooms at any time of the day.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 08-02-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast