Windows Media Center and PCCW NOW Cable

Closed Thread

Windows Media Center and PCCW NOW Cable

Hi all,

I am trying to feed my NOW Cable into MCE (windows 7) and have stalled out. I'm looking for it to feed into the Live TV section. I can get the signal into the system but the IR emitter won't output a signal that the box can understand. So it sees the output from the cable box but I can't change channels in the system. Of course, the cable box doesn't have any information about the manufacturer so I can't try any other box options than the single NOW box code they have in MCE.

Any and all related information is welcome! Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

hello,

you might be able to see the NowTV program on your MCE but I am afraid you want be able to change the program on NowTV via your MCE,
    The reason behind this is simple, Your Windows MCE is not able to control your NowTV box. You have to use 2 remotes one from MCE to control MCE and one from NowTV to control NowTV box,
    Unfortunately MCE is not flexible enough to apply solutions that could by-pass this issue. Microsoft simply do not provided in MCE any options for using devices called IR blaster.

xbox 360

I would recommend using an XBOX 360 as an extender. This is the setup I currently run in the US, and hopefully will continue to do so once I get to HK next month. The XBOX connects to the MC PC and everything can be controlled via the XBOX media remote. It's pretty straight forward, but PM me if you decide to try it out and have any questions. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnso5:
    I would recommend using an XBOX 360 as an extender. This is the setup I currently run in the US, and hopefully will continue to do so once I get to HK next month. The XBOX connects to the MC PC and everything can be controlled via the XBOX media remote. It's pretty straight forward, but PM me if you decide to try it out and have any questions. Good Luck.
    Unfortunately Xbox as a media extender will not change the problem with changing programs/channels on his cable TV box.

First you will have to be able to change channels on the Windows MCE machine and this is not possible when your input source is via composite connection.