Like Tree2Likes

Changing PSN Location After Move?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Gaming is becoming a fairly social point of gathering nowadays. It's anti-social only if you make it so, but the opportunity to socialize is there. Although the scene is dominated by male, it's a place you log into and chat on skype to sketch out strategic plan to win.
    It's not correct anymore to say video games are what it was 10 years ago.
    Skype is not necessary if you have a headset connected to your PS3 and NO it is not male dominated anymore either. There are loads of Female gamers and many of them are on the Pro Circuit this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    I have had no issues with SF on a US account/HK Console running on Icable but have had issues while using HKBN. I also checked with a buddy who is on a UK PSN id and plays SF. He has no lag issues on his 100M PCCW connection.

I interviewed someone very senior who runs PSN security a few months ago and he confirmed that ALL accounts connect to the nearest server on login to authenticate your credentials & we connect to Singapore.

Let me know when you are all set up and i'll invite you to some of our gaming sessions.

Edit: You might also want to check with twitceh as he is on a UK account and might be a SF player. He's very active on PSN and a great guy to hook up with for fun a co-op session.
    Haha thanks Jared. I'm not really a SF type of gamer but if you do play anything else you can come add me on PSN.

It's been down since yesterday (PSN) and it's irritating me a lot since I need to register my Portal 2 so it can give me the free PC version..

Also you will probably need to get a HK PSN if you buy future games in HK. All DLC is region locked.. Also HK servers suck, and playing in HK sucks, but we don't really have much choice so we have to make with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    Haha thanks Jared. I'm not really a SF type of gamer but if you do play anything else you can come add me on PSN.

It's been down since yesterday (PSN) and it's irritating me a lot since I need to register my Portal 2 so it can give me the free PC version..

Also you will probably need to get a HK PSN if you buy future games in HK. All DLC is region locked.. Also HK servers suck, and playing in HK sucks, but we don't really have much choice so we have to make with what we have.
    It should ne up Saturday morning (HKT). I am pretty pissed off because I bought Socom 4 and can't access the co-op or MP.

I nearly bought Mortal Kombat here the other day, but decided to stick with being an EU gamer and so bought it from the UK. We may not be here forever and switching, creating new accounts or having different region locked DLC would just annoy me down the line.

I never played Portal, but after seeing Portal 2 I'm downloading both from steam.

The only online gaming I really do is AC:B and Street Fighter, I have dabbled with the 80's X-Men Arcade and a couple of other fun PSn games (Battlefield 1943 & Crash Commando).

On the subject of female gamers, for a brief period I played Warhammer Online and our guild had several girlie gamers and after some of the people had a guild get-together there was even an anglo-french relationship that started. It seems you can even find love gaming now....

Quote Originally Posted by kogia:
    I nearly bought Mortal Kombat here the other day, but decided to stick with being an EU gamer and so bought it from the UK. We may not be here forever and switching, creating new accounts or having different region locked DLC would just annoy me down the line.

I never played Portal, but after seeing Portal 2 I'm downloading both from steam.

The only online gaming I really do is AC:B and Street Fighter, I have dabbled with the 80's X-Men Arcade and a couple of other fun PSn games (Battlefield 1943 & Crash Commando).

On the subject of female gamers, for a brief period I played Warhammer Online and our guild had several girlie gamers and after some of the people had a guild get-together there was even an anglo-french relationship that started. It seems you can even find love gaming now....
    If you only buy a couple of AAA titles a year and play them a lot go with the PAL UK version.

As for Portal there is some sort of a deal on at the moment where you get the Steam version free if you buy the PS3 game. You might want to look into this as well. I think Twitceh might know about this.

Lets hope PSN is back online soon

I have been getting messages from some dickhead called "Creative83" about my comments in this thread. I politely asked him to Fk Off and stop PM'ing me but the messages continue so I figured that I would post them in here.

>>So I take it that you're claiming there's a balance between male & female gamers, and that people playing online games while communicating through skype is incorrect?<<

>>I'd like to resolve any underlying issue privately so you don't won't have the urge to defend yourself in a forum thread. In other words, I'm saving you face. And yes, that response is legitimately how people deals with one another privately.<<

Last edited by JaredHK; 24-04-2011 at 01:33 AM.

If you only buy a couple of AAA titles a year and play them a lot go with the PAL UK version.

As for Portal there is some sort of a deal on at the moment where you get the Steam version free if you buy the PS3 game. You might want to look into this as well. I think Twitceh might know about this.

Lets hope PSN is back online soon
    I bought the PS3 version thinking that it's 300HKD compared to the PC version which is 270HKD... but you need to register your PS3 version with your steam account before you can download the PC version for free. The only problem being is that PSN is down which means I can't register my game, and play Portal 2 T___T... I know I could just play it on the PS3, but I wish to do the coop with other mates... Hope it's up soon!

Running out of things to play, I tried Operation Flashpoint Red River.. and it's pretty dire... It's ok, but the controls and the sensitivity issues makes it feel like a PC Port...

Since I got my new PC... Been trying to play some CSS, but it's so laggy and really absolutely nobody plays in HK... Taiwan players all talk and type in Chinese so can't really communicate... Miss Europe now..
    Last edited by twitceh; 24-04-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    I bought the PS3 version thinking that it's 300HKD compared to the PC version which is 270HKD... but you need to register your PS3 version with your steam account before you can download the PC version for free. The only problem being is that PSN is down which means I can't register my game, and play Portal 2 T___T... I know I could just play it on the PS3, but I wish to do the coop with other mates... Hope it's up soon!

Running out of things to play, I tried Operation Flashpoint Red River.. and it's pretty dire... It's ok, but the controls and the sensitivity issues makes it feel like a PC Port...

Since I got my new PC... Been trying to play some CSS, but it's so laggy and really absolutely nobody plays in HK... Taiwan players all talk and type in Chinese so can't really communicate... Miss Europe now..

I think you might like Socom 4. The co-op is pretty good and the game is quite fun.
    Its a bit like Graw 2 (but better) and some missions remind me of Splinter Cell where you need total stealth. I can run through it in co-op if you pick it up and when PSN is back online.

I had the 360 version of RR 2 weeks before release and could only play the campaign. The main issue was the AI who could run and toss grenades that hit you very accurately in the face. I didn't bother after the 1st chapter and moved on to Crysis and Socom 4.

I think you might like Socom 4. The co-op is pretty good and the game is quite fun.
    Its a bit like Graw 2 (but better) and some missions remind me of Splinter Cell where you need total stealth. I can run through it in co-op if you pick it up and when PSN is back online.

I had the 360 version of RR 2 weeks before release and could only play the campaign. The main issue was the AI who could run and toss grenades that hit you very accurately in the face. I didn't bother after the 1st chapter and moved on to Crysis and Socom 4.
    I'm enjoying Crysis 2 alot more Especially it's a new PC lol...

Anyways about Red River... I think the problem is I found Americas Army more fun... for the a game of 2011 it's not very fluid..