Like Tree6Likes

L.A. NOIRE?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by kogia:
    So anyone played LA Noire yet? I like the sound of it, but have so many games on the go at the moment I've been reluctant to buy anything new for a while, this one may break my fast.
    Just been playing it. It's not bad. Different really. Don't buy it if you don't like shooting things alot. It can be slow.

It's not easy and you need to concentrate on clues and it's difficult to tell if it's the truth, doubtful or lie. Driving and car chases are difficult but maybe I'm just a bad driver.

It's certainly going to keep me entertained for a while. The cinematography and amazingly the acting is quite exceptional.

I bought it at $409 at the above game centre.

If I get this will I be able to play it? I haven't been able to log into PSN yet

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    If I get this will I be able to play it? I haven't been able to log into PSN yet
    There isn't an online play option. It's all offline. Only thing you need is probably an update.
    Last edited by virago; 09-06-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: is and isn't are not the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    HK PSN is still down but updates seem to work. I recommend that you wait a week or two and the price on this game should drop $100 or so as the distributor is stuck with a lot of stock (PS3) at the moment.

I bought it for 350, quite pricey I know, but I sold some old games, and they gave me quite a bit for them surprisingly...

It's a pretty awesome game, I haven't been able to download my 2 DLC packs thanks to lovely PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    I bought it for 350, quite pricey I know, but I sold some old games, and they gave me quite a bit for them surprisingly...

It's a pretty awesome game, I haven't been able to download my 2 DLC packs thanks to lovely PSN.
    I'm torn about whether to get it. I didn't really like heavy rain much ...

It's not like heavy rain at all. It's quite clever with a bit of GTA mixed in.

For those who have GT5; Gran Turismo 5 v1.10 Brings Minor Tweaks & Bug Fixes

Looks really good that GT is still investing in their game even after its release. However the big question is, is HK PSN up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    It's not like heavy rain at all. It's quite clever with a bit of GTA mixed in.

For those who have GT5; Gran Turismo 5 v1.10 Brings Minor Tweaks & Bug Fixes

Looks really good that GT is still investing in their game even after its release. However the big question is, is HK PSN up yet?
    LA Noire is not for people who like Run & Gun stuff. Its a mix of GTA 4 & CSI games. I am not a fan of GTA which is why I have not bothered to play through it.

I saw it for $240 used at Ho King yesterday with an unused DLC card so if anyone wants the game I recommend checking out the used game guy towards the middle of the mall.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 11-06-2011 at 08:06 AM.

I have mixed feelings about this game, some say it's a mixture between Mafia (which was great) and Shenmue (loved that game too) but LA Noire doesn't have the same magic for me.

Yes the faces look great, voiceacting is outstanding and the soundtrack is superb. But the missions are repetitive and boring, especially when you just start out. I just got promoted to Vice, (you start out as beat cop > homicide > vice ) and after the first mission right now I can't be bothered to play on.

I agree it does get repetitive but there are some levels with some fantastic set pieces that make you feel as if you're playing Uncharted or even Se7en. Repetitiveness aside, it does a lot of things that past Rockstar games haven't done, setting missions in a bunch of drastically different locales. I just did the last homicide mission and loved almost every bit of it.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5