Like Tree124Likes

HMV central closing

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    You are some sort of teacher, right? Let's hope that your employer never records your lectures, fires you, and simply replaces you with those recordings - without compensation. Then you can tell us all about what a great thing it is that people don't have to get 'ripped off' by actually paying you for your work.
    The only part I truly get paid for is the 'live' performance so what the hell are you on about?

If you think a teacher can be replaced by a recording you must have had some truly awful experiences as a student!!!

Please go away and think harder..
    Last edited by bryant.english; 30-05-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    London_Nick and anothercanuck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Do you have anything to back that up are should I order some more peanuts for you?
    I think you are stating that these companies are ripping us off for years so I think you have to prove your notions of conspiracy.

For the record (excuse the pun) recording companies supply product as per supply and demand, simple economics. There is fierce competition with the ease of recording quality music, piracy and other record companies now compared to back in the mid 90's or even the 50's and 60's when they started really mass production.

I think we all remember the days when you paid nearly $30 for a CD (early to mid 90's) when the technology was new. Now it's hard to find a CD more than $15 just released.

Yes the cost of a CD is probably $1 or just a few cents, I really don't know but there is plenty behind this that makes the cost spiral. Notably, and quite rightly the artist that spends years on their creative pursuit hopefully want to get paid.

Just like you, you want to be paid for your work don't you? I am sure you like what you do as you work long hours to provide for your family. I am sure the artist also wants to the same as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:

You are some sort of teacher, right? Let's hope that your employer never records your lectures, fires you, and simply replaces you with those recordings - without compensation. Then you can tell us all about what a great thing it is that people don't have to get 'ripped off' by actually paying you for your work.
    Ooh Bryant got BURNED!

Original Post Deleted
    I've made those views clear many times on these very forums. I didn't know they were issuing licences for teachers these days btw..

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Ooh Bryant got BURNED!
    Yeah, how will I get through the day??
    London_Nick likes this.

I don't know why the music studios dont get their act together and let iTunes sell their stuff. What have they got to lose and their parents in other countries are already doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Yeah, how will I get through the day??
    I don't know, my friend, I just don't know.

If you start crying though (like a little gurrrrrrl) I will pass you a tissue.

Miaow! This forum is hilarious!

luckycat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by London_Nick:
    This is nothing - check out the Expat Singapore forum AKA the angry board. Brutal! (note that ExpatSingapore and Singapore Expat are different - the latter is much friendlier)

Quote Originally Posted by London_Nick:
    Photo taken of Bryant five minutes ago:

Name:  crying-girl02.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  12.0 KB
    virago and Loz_2 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast