PSN Everywhere Except Hong Kong & South Korea...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Update:
    Full PSN Services, including PlayStation Store, Return This Week – PlayStation Blog

I hate you HK.

Its still off in japan too.

Two questions for anyone that can help: 1) I am going home to Canada for the month of august, do you guys think I could redeem the welcome back package while home in canada if I brought my PS3 with me? Is there a time limit to redeem the games? The Asia welcome back package is terrible, and I know a lot of you hate the NA package as well, but for me its great because I don't have any of those games.
    2) I think some of you may have xbox's as well, I am thinking of bringing mine back from Canada. Is there anything else that makes it difficult to use in HK other than needing a transformer? I believe if buying games in HK I need to make sure they are the NA version or else they will not work, correct?

@NA
    1. They have IP locked regions at the moment so NO. That might change and if it does you will be able to access it. You don't need to lug your console with you..just your account info is sufficient.

2. Sell your Xbox and buy one in HK. Most games sold in HK will not work on a NTSC U (US/Can) console. If the console hasn't been online since 08-09 don't update it as you can probably get it J Tagged.

@Packy
    Japan has been online for a few weeks. ONLY HK & Korea are offline. According to the Sony HK CS HK is not considered a important region to them anymore hence the delay.

Last edited by JaredHK; 01-06-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Update:

PSN is up again. I just managed to sign in on my US account and change my password and other info.
    I HIGHLY recommend that you guys do so immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Update:

PSN is up again. I just managed to sign in on my US account and change my password and other info.
    I HIGHLY recommend that you guys do so immediately.
    You got my hopes up, I can't sign in >_<

Oh wait my US works... Not my UK or HK
    Last edited by twitceh; 02-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.

YES REGISTERED PORTAL 2 ....!!!

HK is down again I am told. Also some guys are sending FR's to people and somehow hacking accounts so avoid accepting any FR's from people you do not know.

I got it all up and working yesterday and can access the store. I didn't use much else before so don't know about other services. Mine is still a UK account and so far that seems to be unaffected by any potential IP locking.

Mortal Kombat online seems to suck badly though, I haven't been able to fight a single match without it dropping.