Like Tree7Likes

Battlefield 3

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Battlefield 3

I think this is a game definitely worth upgrading your computer for.

Limited edition: News: There Are No ‘Exclusive Pre-Order Bonuses’ For Battlefield 3 : StickTwiddlers

Editorial on MP: E3: Battlefield 3's multiplayer left me with goosebumps - Destructoid

Youtube for some of the trailers.

Personally, I'll wait and see how much of the essential content they'll split up into DLCs.

There might be regional servers for the PC version. One of the guys I know at DICE said they might have to implement this to avoid issues with lag etc. This means Asian players will match up with other Asian players only which is totally pointless IMO.

I will be picking up the 360 version this time and will only buy the PC version if I can play with my buddies Stateside.

Graphically the PC version is slightly better for campaign mode only and not MP so if people have a 360 or a PS3 it might be worth spending $350 rather than 5K on upgrading a PC.

@Sunfire
    There will be a Limited Edition for HK (confirmed by EA) and this will be similar to the BFBC2 LE which came with an online pass and a ton of VIP DLC for free. The only DLC they charged for was Onslaught and Vietnam which was as good as a new game IMO. DICE has promised double the amount of DLC for console versions of BF3 and console gamers will have access to all DLC before PC.

Last edited by JaredHK; 13-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.

When's it out? Looks good. I keep dying in COD:Black Ops!

Have you played the Vietnam Expansion yet on BFBC2? That is by far the best expansion pack ever released and the same group of guys at DICE who worked on it are involved with the Back To Karkhand DLC for BF3.

Any hardcore BF fan should play the Nam expansion and the Onslaught mode that was released on BFBC2 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Have you played the Vietnam Expansion yet on BFBC2? That is by far the best expansion pack ever released and the same group of guys at DICE who worked on it are involved with the Back To Karkhand DLC for BF3.

Any hardcore BF fan should play the Nam expansion and the Onslaught mode that was released on BFBC2 IMO.
    I didn't get it X_X... I sold my BFBC2 a few weeks ago, I haven't touched any online PS3 games in ages.

Tried to get BFBC2 the other day for Xbox. None available in Mong Kok.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Tried to get BFBC2 the other day for Xbox. None available in Mong Kok.
    Its been sold out for over 2 months. You need to pick up the Complete or Legendary edition that comes with ALL the DLC (except Nam) & BF 1943. Theres tons of people playing it online so finding matches is not a problem. You absolutely need to get NAM expansion which is 1200 MSP but if you are unsure and want to try it out first I can lend you one of my test accounts that has the DLC on it.

PM me your GT on XBL and we can hook up for some late night sessions. I am usually on Gears 2 these days.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 19-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast