what should i get wii/Xbox360 or PS3?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what should i get wii/Xbox360 or PS3?

So i finally decided to let the Ps2 get some rest and get a new console.
    Now I'm not sure what to get, the Wii seems like a lot of fun, but my concern is that the games seem pretty short lived, or too kiddish.
    Like those utterly pointless games filled with mini-games, like flip a pancake, clean a window, pick a nose etc.

For the Xbox, well i borrowed it over the weekend from my boss and all i can say is i was very disappointed, the graphics are not as good as i expected, maps have plenty of glitches etc.
    Good thing would be to connectivity from MCE/Vista computer and the HD player, It just feels like a half way there thing.

Ps3, awesome graphics at a less awesome price tag. Not to mention that it down-scales Blue-ray to DVD resolution if your tv set doesn't support true 1920x180 resolution, which kinda nullifies the blue-ray bonus for me.
    The game titles doesn't seem to be all great either ridge racer 7 was the experience equal to driving a car with a 5ton engine and a trunk filled with helium.

Ok i went a bit of topic now, but id like to hear what owners of one or more of these systems has to say about them.
    Ie. those who have the Wii do you still enjoy the games, or feel like you made the wrong choise etc?

Thanks
    /J

I bought my Wii primarily for my kid who loves it. I get great enjoyment out of it too. I would probably get great enjoyment out of playing on the xbox360 or ps3 and the ps2. What floats my boat is the game. Having seen Gears of War in the shops and on Divx's website I would probably enjoy that too. So which do you buy - all of them. Glad I could help J.

Bought a Wii as well as it is the only console my wife has actually wanted me to get which is a surprising result! Although she can't really play (8 months pregnant) she's itching to give it a good crack once the baby is born and she's getting back into her keep fit regime!

definitely wii, it has changed the whole new concept for games.

Disco...yeah sure mate "i bought it for the kids" haven't heard that one before
    And i was half way expecting you to say "buy a dell"

Chikakeru: Yeah totally agree with you on that one, but if the games feel too kiddish or too easy etc. like that pancake flipping i mentioned its not enough. But i did try medal of honor today at 188 and it was damn fun...but equally hard to aim as it was fun to play...which made me empty 3 clips to kill one dude.
    But perhaps a wii it is in the long run..certainly not an Xbox anyways..

Thanks for the replys all of you...and if anyone else have something to add feel free to do so.

/J

I have MoH and it takes a little longer to get used to aiming than it does to fry an egg :-) The ports are not outstanding by any means but still fun to play.
    Oh and before I forget Dell have a great promotion running ...

Have both... I enjoy the PS3, but the Wii is much more interactive for my 4 year old... but yes it's flipping pancakes and random flyswatting.

That said... if you're in need of a shiny mint PS3 that's only been out of the box a few months... to boot it was only used a little before I had to park it out of the way...

PM me to discuss! (have quite a few peripherals that would just be included)

Disco, hmm i thought one could play Xbox games on vista, or maybe i got the whole thing mixed up somehow?
    But i agree Gears of war looks great, but i still go for a beefed up PC with a DX10 graphic card and run Crysis and Unreal 4 etc, than buy the Xbox.

Me too ... I think. Plus by playing on the pc you don't hog the tv - we only have one :-(
    Have you considered gushinggirls's ps3 offer?

Yeah, i did i sent her a PM.
    But its a bit out of my range now, as I'm currently a severely under payed web designer, and the wife would gut me alive if i told her i spent 4K on a game console (unless its a wii with200 games that SHE likes, she being the keyword here :P ).
    Been having guests from swe. for 6 weeks in a row now, so most of my $$ was spent showing them around, going on all the tours 4 times with different groups of guests etc. sigh... maybe i should open a B&B and get some cash that way to pay for the PS3 :P

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast