PC Gaming in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    TF2 is still very popular unlike CSS...

Jared, Borderlands 2 was announced
    Yeah saw some vids when i was at Gearbox in Dallas recently. Have you finished the first one yet? I really enjoyed it except for the region locked DLC nonsense as we didn't have a HK version.

Noo I haven't, I still haven't bought it from you yet haha! I saw some friends just starting to play it on the PC.. I saw some GOTY editions in shops but expensive,,

Mmm.. I need to quickly finish LA Noire and sell it..

Borderlands GOTY is US$29.99 on Steam.

Pre-order for Rage is US$59.99, ouch. The Quakecon pack is impressive though.

Quote Originally Posted by twitceh:
    Noo I haven't, I still haven't bought it from you yet haha! I saw some friends just starting to play it on the PC.. I saw some GOTY editions in shops but expensive,,

Mmm.. I need to quickly finish LA Noire and sell it..
    I gave it to a budy at work ages ago. GOTY was $140 at Denki a while back but its a profile locked code for the DLC. DLC is region locked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Borderlands GOTY is US$29.99 on Steam.

Pre-order for Rage is US$59.99, ouch. The Quakecon pack is impressive though.
    Don't buy from Steam unless its on Sale. Just go to Sham Shui Po or MK and buy a retail copy, it'll probably be cheaper.

I've started playing TF2, quite fun.

English Gaming Community for HK players?

Hey guys, I've been having this idea for a while now and want to know what you guys think.

The HK gaming community in general is large (for it's population), but the majority of it is either in Chinese, or filled with players who don't speak English. Language aside, playing an MMO, FPS or any sort of multiplayer game is always better when you either have your friends with you or a community in which communicating with a potential new friend is easy and doesn't have the language barrier.

Well, what I'm getting at is, I'm starting a non-profit initiative to build the first English Gaming community for Hong Kong. In it will be dedicated forums and communities for each game, with discussions, guides, events, guilds, live chat, trading, news on upcoming hit games or next updates, etc etc...

If I get a good crowd for certain games, I'll open up stuff like Teamspeak or Ventrilo servers too.

For those interested in MMOs (especially ones that are on HK, CN or Taiwan servers), a lot of us have Chinese as our second language and translation + in-game guidance. I have already started with Dragon Nest HK and our members are becoming more and more dedicated, using the site as a hub for any community-based interactions, like guilds, dungeon runs, in game events and even cash shop prizes.

Anyway, comments are welcome. Also because I really want feedback, please forgive me if you read this somewhere else as well, as I'll be posting around to see if a hub like this is wanted.

We're only playing Dragon Nest HK now (which seriously is a blast) but games we're into are League of Legends, Lineage/Tera, Guild Wars 2, TF2, BF, Diablo III (when it finally comes out), RTS games like Starcraft, AoE, C&C. If you have suggestions to games feel free to tell me too!

Thanks!!
    Arez

Sounds excellent, I for one would be interested in being part of an English-speaking HK based TF2 team/community. Is there a link and/or contact?

I'm on the mainland now but I get on with my Xbox to games in the US. Connection is stable and a little slow but not totally crapped out though. Don't die too often on COD.

Hey there Dipper!

I will be opening game communities based on how many people are interested in that particular game. TF2 seems pretty popular on these forums alone

I don't think I can post weblinks on these forums but I'll try. Please email me at [email protected] or PM me with any other games you would like to play and any features for the community (ie teamspeak, in forum event system etc) that you might like!

I'll keep you posted on updates, which should be soon!

Hey there Dipper!

Thanks for your support! I just tried And unfortunately I can't post emails or links here. I will pm you with contact details.

As I said before the community I've set up at the moment is playing an action mmorpg called Dragon Nest. I will be opening other English HK gaming communities very soon based on how many people want to play a specific game. TF2 seems popular enough on these forums alone

In the PM I will also have my email and forum link. Go ahead and tell me what other games you also prefer and what community features interest you (ie teamspeak, in forum events, match boards and organization, video replays etc...) anything will help!

I'll keep you updated with the advancement of the game hubs which will soon be followable on facebook as well.

Thanks again for the support!