This is my first post here. I moved back to HK after living in NY for 12 years, and brought along my Rega P1 turntable. Last night, I hooked it up with a step down transformer and played a normal 33rpm record. But it sounded like it was slightly slower. At first I thought the transformer was defected. Later I read from the internet that the AC frequency actually determines the speed of the motor. It's 60hz in the US but 50hz here in HK. So there appear to me several solutions:
1. Replace the pulley with a larger one to compensate the difference.
2. Replace the motor with an original one made for European/HK market.
3. Buy an AC frequency convertor.
My questions are:
1. Where is Rega's service center, if there's one?
2. Where can I get Rega parts here, if the answer to #1 is a No?
3. Will the AC frequency convertor actually solve the problem? And how much does one usually cost?