PS3, Wii or XBOX 360?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature
    I think a year and a half later, the OP must have made the decision already.
    Really? I thought this was a new post LOL

Does anyone know how much an Xbox 360 120gb with hdmi as output costs now in Sham Shui Po? thanks.

Hi.. Planning to buy an XBox 360 but don't know which to chose from and what hard drive is better.. can anyone help? thanks.

Previously the hard drive was only used to store saves and other content downloaded from Xbox Live, such as demos, videos, game patches etc. However, with the recent dashboard firmware upgrade you can now load your games from the DVD onto the hard drive and play them from there. You still have to have the disc in the drive, but it isn't accessed constantly. This prolongs the life of the drive, makes the whole thing quieter and makes the load times a bit shorter on *most* games.

For this reason, the old 20GB hard drive is quite limiting. something like 6GB is already taken up with system files, so you can only have 2 games loaded on there (each is roughly 6-7GB).

So you definitely want at least the 60GB, or go for the 120GB if you think you'll download lots from xbox live (most stuff isn't free).

Thanks for the info Bungle.. but there is an Xbox 360 and an Xbox 360 Elite.. which should I shose? and does both come with HDMI connection already? thanks

You've got 3 options and the current models all have HDMI output. The Hard Drives (HDDs) are removable, so you can upgrade to a bigger one later, but it can be a hassle really with gamertags and Live.

XBox 360 Arcade - 256MB memory card - no HDD - suppplied AV cable has only audio and composite video out - no High Def (you can buy a new cable if you want component / HDMI / VGA etc.

XBox 360 - 60GB HDD (previous model was only 20GB) - headset included (for LIVE) - suppplied AV cable has audio and composite & component video out.

XBox 360 Elite (Black colour) - 120GB HDD - headset included (for LIVE) - suppplied AV cable has audio and composite & component video out. HDMI cable also supplied.

Don't get the Arcade - you'll regret no HDD, though you can add one later.

Decide if you think you'll use the extra 60GB of the Elite and factor in the price of an HDMI cable (less than $100 for a cheapie). You don't actually need HDMI - the supplied component cable gives the same quality HD video (up to 1080P) and you can connect an optical audio cable if you need 5.1 surround sound (through an AV receiver for example). If you're just connecting to a stereo TV the supplied AV cable is probably all you need.

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Which Console for You?

I think most people would be satisfied with the 60GB version.

Last edited by Bungle; 17-03-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Got it.. I'll be getting the Xbox 360 with 60gb hdd. thanks for all the info Bungle. Appreciate your input

You're welcome - enjoy your 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2