Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ksy

Got MW3 on PS3? Come on in!

Closed Thread

Smile Got MW3 on PS3? Come on in!

Greetings!

I noticed that there wasn't a thread dedicated to grouping up fellow MW3 players on the PS3, and so I finally decided to start one.

It'd be nice to play with some people from game to game, quite frankly I don't have any friends who own MW3 on the PS3 and play often enough.

PSN id: inihility

Whether you're a newbie or a vet, let's play together!

JaredHK likes this.

Are there many playing it on PSN?

I am on the 360 and IW has isolated Asia so we only get matched up with Asian gamers who ONLY play domination. It is almost impossible to find any other gametypes including Hardcore. I usually have to party up with my buddies in the States and have them search.

I'm not a huge fan of MW but am loving Elite Premium. Its well worth the $$'s.

@JaredHK

That was actually one of the things I was worried about when deciding to buy MW3, whether for PC or PS3. I ended up getting it for PS3 since I had all the previous COD games on it despite the fear of long queues.

But surprisingly I've played with players from everywhere, States, Korea, Japan, some Middle East countries, and even some players from Hong Kong.

I've also had no problems on PSN finding games for Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Ground War, etc. it wasn't so bad finding Hardcore-mode games either.

Queue times were never more than a minute or two at most, but I admit I haven't tried queueing for the less popular game modes such as Barebones, Mosh Pit, etc.

The one mode I do want to play and have had trouble finding a consistent partner for is Spec-Ops, I always find a partner who bails on me after a failure or two (on Hardened difficulty).

Yeap, I got Elite Premium as well, great value especially with all the DLC coming.

Last edited by ksy; 28-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksy:
    @JaredHK

That was actually one of the things I was worried about when deciding to buy MW3, whether for PC or PS3. I ended up getting it for PS3 since I had all the previous COD games on it despite the fear of long queues.

But surprisingly I've played with players from everywhere, States, Korea, Japan, some Middle East countries, and even some players from Hong Kong.

I've also had no problems on PSN finding games for Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Ground War, etc. it wasn't so bad finding Hardcore-mode games either.

Queue times were never more than a minute or two at most, but I admit I haven't tried queueing for the less popular game modes such as Barebones, Mosh Pit, etc.

The one mode I do want to play and have had trouble finding a consistent partner for is Spec-Ops, I always find a partner who bails on me after a failure or two (on Hardened difficulty).

Yeap, I got Elite Premium as well, great value especially with all the DLC coming.

Co-op is always a problem and its impossible to find dedicated people on the PS which is why I prefer the 360 these days. I have yet to run thru the Spec ops but it should not be an issue as I was really good at it in MW3 and beat IW's time on all missions. I held the global record on Homeland Sec & Wetwork for a few months before some 13 year old broke that.

UC3 is about the only game I play on PSN and hopefully that gives me my 62nd Platinum in a few days once I finish it on Crushing.