Like Tree30Likes

NOW TV Bait and Switch again!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

NOW TV Bait and Switch again!

I'm pretty pissed off to see that the Autumn Rugby Internationals are not being shown on the Setanta channel (which was specifically advertised when I subscribed as showing the Autumn Internationals) and are instead being shown on Eurosport.

Has anyone taken this up with PCCW either to get the originally advertised content included in the originally advertised price, or to cancel their Setanta subscription without penalty, or anything similar?

Having given us a reasonable deal on the RWC, I'm now back to feeling shafted by PCCW, again!

dear giant likes this.

I'm not renewing my NowTV subscription when in runs out in January. They consistently give the middle finger to their customers and I'm one (soon to be former) customer flipping the bird right back at them. Plus without cable, I have carte blanche to go to the pub to watch lives sports.

Loz_2 and packy_crusher like this.

I've cancelled my NowTV because I feel they mislead me over english football. They came round and got me to resign a month or two before they announced they lost the rights to iCable.

I am now convinced iCable and Now TV operate a cartel where they don't out bid each other, they just swap the contract with each other every two years.

Dear PDLM,

I recommend you seek good legal advice.

Yours sincerely,

Luckycat

NOW TV/PCCW - worst company I ever came across in HK!

I make it a point to tell the supervisor that every time I call and thankfully I then get better service.

This kind of thing would be illegal in most countries. It's why I think there should be greater regulation of the "monopolies" here (ok, perhaps oligopoly in this case) and I have great pleasure in reminding you PDLM that you have objected to my arguments on these forums in the past saying "the customer can always choose just to move supplier".

dear giant likes this.

Same thing happened in Singapore. we signed a 2 year agreement with Starhub with a Premier League package - they lost the rights a few months later.

Take them to task, false advertising - not providing the service as advertised.

It may take you a few weeks of heated phone calls and email tag, but stick to the facts - they are not providing the service as advertised.

Not to mention all the programmes on NowTV are really old and the films are edited to cut out any swearing or nudity (but graphic violence is okay in the day time apparently).

For me, the sports (specifically, premier league football) was the only thing they did reasonably well, many channels, every game shown simultaneously and the ability to record matches for playback later. Not bad, worth the $200 sports subscription.

I think I'll be looking at setting up a slingbox in future. Or just watching less tv.

bookblogger likes this.

I see no purpose to any kind of cable tv in the modern world, it's just a crippled internet connection.

vmlinuz and BaconBreadBaker like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast